A sorter on topic

Birdblue

I’m needing to know how much does a sorter get each week on there check and how do I go about getting on being one? What I mean by being a sorter is the people over by unload who sort the packages that unload send them. Need honest answers please. On topic.

Air Recovery

They no longer get a $1 bonus.

Also I was hired off the street straight to sort aisle - my HR person asked if I was good with numbers and memorization.

As far as how much you make the starting wage differs at all buildings. At my building starts at $13. Up the hill they start at 18/19

I’m needing to know how much does a sorter get each week on there check and how do I go about getting on being one? What I mean by being a sorter is the people over by unload who sort the packages that unload send them. Need honest answers please. On topic.
Normally there is a sort test that you must pass. Ask your sup for a study guide and a time to take the test. After passing the test how soon you begin sorting will go by seniority. I worked the sort aisle in the primary for a couple years and enjoyed the experience.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

thought you were heade for the box line?

WTFm8

They no longer get a $1 bonus.

Also I was hired off the street straight to sort aisle - my HR person asked if I was good with numbers and memorization.

As far as how much you make the starting wage differs at all buildings. At my building starts at $13. Up the hill they start at 18/19

Min wage for UPS went to $14 in Aug 2019 per the national contract.

D

Deleted member 77202

No sort test of any kind in my building. Never even heard of a sort test.

What I've seen is -- if the Supervisor likes you then he tells you to come to the sorting aisle.

It's where all of the supervisors and feeder drivers (while waiting for their trucks to be unloaded) work/or hang out at because it's considered the easiest job in my building.

Employees love being asked to work the sort aisle when they arrive at work.