A strike will be ugly

1989NW

Would you rather have a great paying job and a less than perfect contract, or no job at all??
A strike will be long, ugly, and most likely a permanent separation between UPS and the Union. If you think that a profitable company of now $6B will not be willing to allow, or cannot survive a strike in order to get the changes that they want/need, then you are highly mistaken.

Last edited:

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Would you rather have a great paying job and a less than perfect contract, or no job at all??
A strike will be long, ugly, and most likely a permanent separation between UPS and the Union. If you think that a profitable company of now $6B will not be willing to allow, or cannot survive a strike in order to get the changes that they want/need, then you are highly mistaken.
Listen Abney, you already got your over inflated raise, we want some changes around here. It’s your name that will be tied to the destruction of UPS if we need to strike. What makes you think this is about money anyway? You either change with the times or we walk! So choke on some D’s.

Box Ox

*I think the risks to job and career would be even greater if the status quo regarding typical workloads and harassment is maintained in the next contract/normalized over time. Heavy price to pay just to avoid a strike.

*Does not apply to BOG locations

rod

Retired 22 years

fake news

Rack em

Made the Podium
Would the company rather go from 6 billion dollar PROFITS to maybe if lucky a 2 billion dollar profit? Or treat it's employees like human beings and settle for 4-5 billion dollar profits a year?

If Ups is greedy and stupid enough to FORCE us to strike, then they deserve the outcome which will be massive loss in customers and a lot of our contracts going to Fedex, USPS, DHL, etc. If you think Ups can just magically replace all of us union workers you are sadly mistaken. It would take months to hire enough scabs to even process half our normal volume. Then the "drivers" they get would have to all do the classes or else their insurance premiums would be through the roof. The service failures alone would be astronomical. And a few months into the strike Ups would be wishing they would have just agreed to treat the employees better instead of running their now :censored2:ty company into the ground. Ups controls it's own future with this contract. And I hope Abney goes bankrupt and lives the rest of his pathetic life in a cardboard box. Wouldn't that be poetic justice?

F

Frankie's Friend

20180122_223008.jpg

Last, best, and fatal...I mean final offa.

BEE51

This the best timing any union could ever dream of having when negotiating a contract: low unemployment, high profits and an increase in volume. There is no way we should be taking any concessions or give backs, the insurance should stay the same and there should be be no way we should have to work 6 days a week. Upper management is getting to dam greedy and arrogant. There is no way we should paying for everyone else’s free shipping! If Hoffa presents any to us that looks like ABF’contract we should strike! The only reason that things are still running half way decent at this company is the drivers fix the screw up’s that this companies management introduces! Never seen such bad mismanagement and I have around a very longtime! Strike!

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I'll be sure not to vote, because the offer IBT cronies champion "It's a great deal, Vote Yes!!" , it will be another slow-leak in the working Teamsters ship. A no vote is a waste anyway.

Every contract since '02 has slowly trended being givebacks, despite the massive profits and raises to upper management.

Poop Head

Judge me.
I'll be sure not to vote, because the offer IBT cronies champion "It's a great deal, Vote Yes!!" , it will be another slow-leak in the working Teamsters ship. A no vote is a waste anyway.

Every contract since '02 has slowly trended being givebacks, despite the massive profits and raises to upper management.
Go to heck

Richard Cranium

Did you lead the morning stretches today?

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Is it wrong to expect a barely passable, hardly satisfactory contract proposal, if any?
Don’t be a “not vote”. At least vote no. I’m so tired of people saying their vote doesn’t count. Last contract was held up at the supplemental level. We can hold it up at the master level this time.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

^^^^^^ First guy to cross