A True Cluster

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
FedEx didn't plan adequately, is executing poorly, and has set-up a very likely meltdown scenario for next week. The weather isn't helping,but they have really dropped the ball this year.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Ditto here. Last night's reload was a disaster. Bah ha ha ha.

Just remember...The Grinch is watching your numbers from high atop Mt. Crumpet. If this doesn't stop, he's going to hitch his sleigh to MT3 and steal all of your retirement pay. Oops...he already did it. Guess Fred will have to steal something else.

Unlike the Grinch, his heart is still the size of a peanut, and he never gives anything back.

SmithBarney

Volume is about 20 percent higher than predicted at our STA. They are paying 4-5 Cartage Agents daily...(as I sit on a forced 3 hour break)
my pup route will be blown apart tonight over max. The Plan is that we have no plan... 20% increase should be able to be easily handled
but we are surrounded by overachievers... I had almost 60hrs last week, and I'll be close again this week...

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Volume is about 20 percent higher than predicted at our STA. They are paying 4-5 Cartage Agents daily...(as I sit on a forced 3 hour break)
my pup route will be blown apart tonight over max. The Plan is that we have no plan... 20% increase should be able to be easily handled
but we are surrounded by overachievers... I had almost 60hrs last week, and I'll be close again this week...

At least you have cartage agents. Just how is it that they can force you to take a 3 hour break? At my station, they are mandoing part-timers to work on the 20th (against policy) and are putting intense pressure on them the rest of the time. Where are all of you out there who says FedEx doesn't abuse part-timers? Oh yeah, on 12-27, go home with 2 hours and be happy we give you that much pay. What a joke.

bbsam

Staff member
Do you work for Express? No..you don't, so you don't have any idea what I'm talking about, do you?

Well maybe Express has some lessons to learn from us over at the lesser company. Not like we didn't know peak was coming.

FedExer267

Well maybe Express has some lessons to learn from us over at the lesser company. Not like we didn't know peak was coming.

We all new peak was coming unfortunatley we are at the mercy of FedEx planning. One day we will have around a 100 stops then FedEx decides we are getting back to early. The next day you come in and you have your 100 stops plus another 50 to 60 from HD. Then we are stuck working 14 hours which we only get paid for 8. Not enough time to finish everything especially when you have 30 pick ups in 5 zipcodes. There are no helpers there are no temps for Ground so this is all dumped in your lap. The next day your already screwed when you have 20 stops from the day before your normal route and more HD crap.
They continue to do this so they dont have to pay the temps hourly plus ot meanwhile we are out there running crazy to try and get done. No breaks no lunch 14 hours of straight work getting paid for 8 like I said. I am personally waiting for some poor ground guy to kill someone because he is exhausted and then FedEx will get the crap sued out of them. Then and only then the labor board and DOT will go after them for setting such high expected goals for ground.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

All I'm saying is that Express has really stepped in it this year. It's entirely possible, maybe even probable, that Ground is doing a better job. The deadlines at Express are way tighter, so the screw-ups are magnified.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It's not my fault you have managers that can't plan. I just said our station has been running remarkably smooth also.

Like I said..good for you. Is your station remarkably small, or do you just have intelligent managers? We'd actually do better if they'd just go home.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Like I said..good for you. Is your station remarkably small, or do you just have intelligent managers? We'd actually do better if they'd just go home.

Clueless managers led by a clueless upper management. Nuttin' like the blind leading the blind.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
We've had things run remarkably smoothly thus far.

We all new peak was coming unfortunatley we are at the mercy of FedEx planning. One day we will have around a 100 stops then FedEx decides we are getting back to early. The next day you come in and you have your 100 stops plus another 50 to 60 from HD. Then we are stuck working 14 hours which we only get paid for 8. Not enough time to finish everything especially when you have 30 pick ups in 5 zipcodes. There are no helpers there are no temps for Ground so this is all dumped in your lap. The next day your already screwed when you have 20 stops from the day before your normal route and more HD crap.
They continue to do this so they dont have to pay the temps hourly plus ot meanwhile we are out there running crazy to try and get done. No breaks no lunch 14 hours of straight work getting paid for 8 like I said. I am personally waiting for some poor ground guy to kill someone because he is exhausted and then FedEx will get the crap sued out of them. Then and only then the labor board and DOT will go after them for setting such high expected goals for ground.

Opinions differ, huh Sam?

FedExer267

Well my opinion would differ too if I was the contractor hanging out at the country club while my guys where bustings their humps for peanuts. Making me all that extra money so my family can have a great Christmas while my drivers might be able to throw a decent meal together. This time of year sucks when your working 70 hours a week and you average that out on your weekly check to no suprise your making less than minium wage.