A typical UPS issue as seen from the shipper

upandcomer

I do use Worldship and have for many years. In fact I was forced to upgrade that too, but that's another topic. So please don't make too many assumptions without knowing what you speak.

Please forgive me but I see some of this differently than you do. It's much easier when you hold the upper hand....

I have no issue with paying for my own mistakes; incorrect address, residential, oversize yada-yada...it's the cost of doing business. I don't like it but I take responsibility for the mistakes. When this happens UPS has no difficulties whatsoever to make sure I know there was a mistake- it's clearly billed on my weekly invoice. I'll tell you what; you let me make mistakes and I'll settle up with you in the future too.

Now for a moment put yourself in the shippers chair....UPS makes a point of have the shipper request a refund of what they are owed, have to pay to request it, and only after what is probably 5-7 (working of course) days does the credit appear on my NEXT invoice.

I'm glad there are ample other ways to do business with the company but when the company has no problems billing me for something there's no reason at all they should have a problem issuing the credit. First I should not need to "request" it. Nor should I have to even wonder when it would be sent back if I did not. And I beg to differ; you CANNOT verbally request it be applied to an invoice- I asked. You either MAIL the request or ask for the CHECK. Why should there be a limit- within reason of course I'd not expect anyone to credit an account to six figures without an audit review....

I'm not here to argue it. The whole thread was to point out the foolishness your company is going through by its own making to get me something I'm owed. You can put a company spin on it if you wish but I suspect if I owed you some money from a purchase (retail is what this is really) and told you I'd let you have it back if you asked, for a cost...you might take a second look.

I understand the frustration, the situation is tough for the customer service agent because they can only move a credit to an open invoice. If you pay it off each week right away with the checking account the customer service agent can't just roll it forward because no invoice actually exists yet. In reality it would make sense if a customer secures an account with a credit card or checking account that we would just put that amount automatically back through to that account. There actually may be a way to do that, and I will actually check tomorrow at work. If there is a way I will let you know. It will probably require a phone call, but could save future head aches, and stamps! :happy-very:

As far as WorldShip goes it should pop up when an address is not valid, and give you another option. Maybe this is limited to city, state, zip combos, but I thought it was full addresses. They have a standard format as to how they enter addresses, you can usually call and get them credited if it is a small error.

overallowed

Thought I'd post this as it demonstrates the foolish lengths UPS will go through at times to make things difficult.

Like many shippers my end of day is billed directly to my checking account. No problems there. And as expected if there are any 'mistakes' which result in a shortage, addy correction or such UPS is Johnny On The Spot to bill my checking account for "corrections". (of course they never make mistakes...but that's another topic)

So today I get my weekly statement. And low and behold I have credit! I did not bother reading exactly why or how as the whole thing took a turn for the stupid....

To get my whopping $1.26 credit I must tear off the bottom portion of the page and mail it back! To add insult to injury I must apply a postage stamp to it!! Postage is what; 42c now? So my net "credit" is down to 84c.

By now you know I'm going to do it too. I want to watch UPS waste more time and money getting me my 84c than what we both know it's worth. So far they have calculated this, printed it (sep page), supplied an envelope (no postage, darn) and will have to receive it, process it and apply it to my next bill. Or maybe if I'm lucky they will go all out and print, mail and process a full check! lol

So what's the point here? Two things. One; UPS is nearly counting on me and other small credits to not bother with it so they can keep my 1.26 I suspect. Call me a skeptic but I'm sure many refunds go unclaimed and have a time limit. Second; it irks me that this company can so painlessly bill me for 1.26 if it were on MY mistake....yet for some reason cannot simply credit my account without a half dozen steps?? Come on. BS.

At any rate, I look forward to my .84c refund and seeing you for a change spend $5-10 in time and wasted energy process it. But...in the end I'm sure it will all come back to me in some new surcharge. :sad-little:

I'm sorry to hear of the runaround ups is giving you. If you think you have to jump through a lot of hoops as a customer, imagine what it is like being an employee.......:headache:

Todd TCE

UPDATE:

A short time ago a nice woman called to let me know that the $1.26 credit is going to be deposited into my bank account. "Because you have a direct payment plan we can credit it to this account also" *or something on that order.

Odd that it's taken such hub-bub to make what's painfully obvious done, but I hope in the future all this foolishness opens someone's eyes.