A Way to Lower Homicides and Sexual Assaults

wkmac

From January 2010' to September 2010' across the general population of all catagory types, there were 5 murders per 100k population and 29 sexual assaults per 100k population.

However, there was a single group and their stats in these catagories was off scale from the general population averages. For murder it was 31 per 100k population and in sexual assaults, it was 73 per 100k population. These stats came from the FBI' Uniform Crime Reporting Statistics so now the question is, what specific group within the general population do these facts apply to? Illegals? No. Drug Gangs? No. Muslims? No. Running out of villians? OK, sit down because this one is going to be a shocker!

The group responsible for so much murder and assaults are in fact none other than, drum roll please........... here you go!

satellitedriver

Key term, homicide.
Homicide is the killing of one human by another. The killing of another, homicide, is not a crime unless the circumstances of a particular homicide fall within outlawed behavior.
More cops get shot at, than those who got shot by a cop.
1 in 25 Americans are sociopaths?
Maybe, that one is right.
1 in 25 Americans did elect Obama.

I'm sure there are plenty LEOs that are corrupt and in fact do murder and commit rape, however these "stats" are intentionally out of proper perspective of reality. They do not take into account, as Sat said, that a homicide isn't necessarily an illegal act and not all rape claims (nor convictions) are true.

island1fox

If you believe that to be the truth the next time your life is in danger or you are being robbed call a gang banger and see how you do !!

wkmac

If you believe that to be the truth the next time your life is in danger or you are being robbed call a gang banger and see how you do !!

You've assumed quite a bit there have you not? Such as, a police officer has some duty to protect you?
Courts seem to have long standing say otherwise. Here and here for example.

Your next assertion is that gang members portray an increased threat in society in which police officers may be required. US Justice Dept. sez from 1998' to 2003' gang violence on decline and at the time only accounted for 6% of all violent crime. Crime rates in fact in the early 1980's and again in the 1990's show overall crime rates much higher when gang member levels were not as high. In a 2008' report by the Justice Dept on non fatal violent crimes and property crimes, over a 10 year period stats show a drop across all manner of personal and property crimes and a few are worth noting.

Violent and property crime rates, including the rate
of every type of violent and property crime measured

by the NCVS, declined from 1999 to 2008.

Crime rates for simple assault—the least serious
but most prevalent violent crime—and robbery declined in
the early part of the 10-year period and remained generally
unchanged in the latter part. Rates of aggravated assault
declined from 1999 through 2002 and remained stable until
2005. Aggravated assault rates for 2007 and 2008 represent
new lows for this type of crime (table 3). The rate of
rape committed in the U.S. declined from 1999 to 2000 and

has remained stable since 2000.

The violent crime rate has experienced a number of distinct
trends throughout the history of the NCVS. Initially, the rate
rose somewhat from 1973 to 1981 and declined until 1986.
The rate reached a high in 1994, followed by an extended,
sharp decline lasting until 2002. The violent crime rate has

remained generally stable since 2004.

The rate in 2008 was 41% lower than it was 10 years earlier, and 63% below the peak of 51.8 violent crimes per 1,000 persons age 12 or older in 1994

The rate of burglary declined from 1999 to 2000, remained

stable until 2005, and fell in 2007. The rate was unchanged

from 2007 to 2008.

Victims knew the offenders in about 5 in 10 violent

crimes against men and 7 in 10 violent crimes against

women

Offenders used firearms to commit 7% of all violent crimes

in both 1999 and 2008 (text table 3). The rate of firearm violence

declined from 2.5 victimizations per 1,000 persons
age 12 or older in 1999 to 1.4 per 1,000 persons age 12 or
older in 2008. The percentage of all incidents of violent
crime committed with firearms fluctuated between 6% and

9% during the 10-year period.

Seems the more one reads into the facts, the reason for such elevated fears become less and less justified on so many levels.

wkmac

Hmmmm...an Anti-cop, Pro-drug website...yup, its got to be true. :rofl:

If a radical muslim said the sun will rise at sun up and the sun will set at sundown, being he is muslim, would you take the opposite POV all because he is muslim and can't therefore be right because your idealogy sez he just can't be?

If a radical muslim said the sun will rise at sun up and the sun will set at sundown, being he is muslim, would you take the opposite POV all because he is muslim and can't therefore be right because your idealogy sez he just can't be?
Hardly apple and apple there. First one is a known fact and has been for more than a day or two. Second the stats provided for a picture that just isn't totally true as presented.

island1fox

I am just "old fashioned" I respect all police until one would give me cause not to.
I believe the vast majority of cops live by "To protect and Serve"
When a bad apple appears turn it to mulch !
As life goes -most of my years are behind me --many good ones ahead but my life experience living in three different countries and numerous states east to west my life experience has been 99% favorable with any police contact. Do not need a poll to tell me what I have experienced !!!:wink2:

rod

Retired 22 years
All the cop shows on TV don't make it any easier to "love cops". I get tired of seeing people get out of their car or walk out the door with their hands in the air only to have a half a dozen cops monkey pile the dude when its plain as day he has given up to begin with. Now if he was resisting arrest or came out shooting it would be different but come on guys- just because the camera is rolling, don't let the cop mentality go to your head.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Usually, just prior to the 'pile on', the cops have said........"Get down on the ground, get down, down on the ground, get down, get down..." And the perp is like "what , dude?' I'd jump on him too!!

burg2202

I stumbled onto a dashcam video of a sociopathic Seattle police officer by the name of Ian Birk. On it you will see John T. Williams, a 7th generation native American woodcarver crossing the street in front of Birk's cruiser. He is carving on a piece of cedar with a 3 inch knife as he's walking, he has 22 seconds to live. He was deaf in one ear and hearing inpaired in the other. The knife was found closed next to the body. Out of the 5 shots fired 3 entered his right side exiting his left. 1 round through the right side of his face exiting the left side. He initially claimed that Williams lunged at him with the knife but retracted that later after multiple witnesses stated otherwise. The inquest found the shooting unjustified. Birk resigned at the end of Feb. The prosecuter is not filing charges against Birk. There is no justice. http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=ian+birk+dash+cam&aq=8

island1fox

Please clarify !!
The wood carver was walking along carving a piece of cedar with an open knife.
The cop shot him for no reason except to kill a wood carver and the magic bullet closed the knife that was found near the body ?? Confusing !!

burg2202

Birk himself stated he was suprised that it was closed. Fact remains from where the shots entered Williams, he had not even turned around to respond to Birk. Birk's commands took 4 seconds before he fired. The inquest concluded that Birk did not give Williams enough time to respond. Take another look at Williams crossing the street he was 50 going on 80, Birk could have breathed on Williams to get him down, instead of 4 rounds of 9 mm.