A whole center team fired?

705red

Browncafe Steward
I heard today that a whole centers management team got the boot for altering time cards. A manager, 1 full time sup, 2 part time sups and 2 sups were not at work work today. It appears that they were changing drivers time cards to make their 9.5 and 10.5 drivers look better on paper which also resulted in stealing money out of these drivers pockets.

Anyone out of Addison that can verify this? My sources are pretty solid already, but I would love to here from brownman or thelus.

Tony31yrs

We once had two on car supes fired and another given a lateral demotion for doing the same thing. Another time there was a center manager fired for that.

Sometimes people make mistakes when editing time cards, they are only human and, that can be forgiven. This does not seem to be the case. If true...I am glad to see them gone...they know better! Remembering back about 35yrs we had a center mgr (very good to work for) lost his job for screwing around with time cards. Never mess with time cards or a persons pay.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I heard today that a whole centers management team got the boot for altering time cards. A manager, 1 full time sup, 2 part time sups and 2 sups were not at work work today.

I missed the posts where everybody was commending UPS on holding management accountable for their integrity. Did one of the Mods delete all those posts? I've looked and looked and can't find them! :funny:

And even more ... the Union can't get their job back. :wink2:

LMAO

Funny you should mention a congrats post to UPS for holding management accountable. I was going to do just that before anyone else posted to the thread. I decided against it for two reasons.
1. I wanted someone else to get the accolades for posting that.
2. I was afraid I would lose my Member in Good Standing status with the " I hate UPS management Club.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Funny you should mention a congrats post to UPS for holding management accountable. I was going to do just that before anyone else posted to the thread. I decided against it
2. I was afraid I would lose my Member in Good Standing status with the " I hate UPS management Club.

Good point ... and you might be held liable when I fell out of my chair!

Last edited:

satellitedriver

There is a reason for me being on my 13th center manager, in 23 yrs.
3 quit.
5 were fired for dishonesty.
4 were shuffled off to different positions and I know 2 of them were fired later.
Only one, number 12, retired from UPS.
The first 12, I know, did funny business with the numbers.
Mr.13, does the same thing, but sets up his underlings, to take the fall.
Damn sad way to run a railroad.

brownman15

it is true. Center manager and a full-time sup were fired today, 2 part-time sups fired last week. 2 full-time sups had the day off today but word has it that they will be fired when they return next week. Division manager was in my center when i got in. was in office with my center manager looking over center numbers. looks like they are checking the other centers also. more terminations may be coming.

helenofcalifornia

And the way these guys were caught was that several drivers/PTers noticed their checks were short on hours worked? What did they do next? You would then call the "integrity" hotline? Maybe a lot more of this is happening; we just don't track our hours that closely. The pressure these management types are under! Why would anyone go into management these days.