AA/Piedmont ramp worker killed by running engine.

qdg2

Montgomery AL. worker sucked into running engine.

I wonder what kind of training this person had......knowing about certain training environments I've experienced.....

I wonder about the work environment and what corners are being cut.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Already posted 24+ hours ago in the Airline thread.
You shouldn’t make assumptions about something you only experience by looking through the Terminal windows.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
With "AA" and something about workplace safety in the title, I thought for sure this thread has a certain user's name wrItten all over It.

qdg2

I think I'd know not to walk in front of a running jet engine even without training, js....
Walking in front of a running engine is perfectly fine. As long as you aren't too close. Depending on power setting.

But I disagree that most people know what an engine like that is capable of. Especially, say a no interview hire...peak.

I found someone without an earbud(s) was the exception at work. Mgt. on down. Most folks walking around the building had one or two cell phones in their hands with their head looking down(often watching videos)...not ahead of their walk path. Autonomous vehicles(which have the right-of -way) everywhere, trains etc. Lot's of folks simply ignored the yard rules. Mgt. didn't enforce them. Not hard to imagine that happening in this tragedy. Folks get used to just about anything......especially loud environments and routine. Add in distraction......

My friend-150 is so quiet and smooth....my Kawasaki street bike too...that you forget they are running.....hitting the starter for example.

Playing loud music(buds) with ear muffs can drown out a lot of noise.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
I think I'd know not to walk in front of a running jet engine even without training, js....
It’s NEVER ok to walk directly in front of a jet engine, unless it’s across the ramp.
Stupid people that do that have no sense of how complacency works, or they’re too lazy or arrogant to extend a little effort to make a wide circle.
SMH!

pkgdriver

A7001AE7-9EFF-49AF-98E4-91C95B01BA96.png