About a route

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Somebody has to deliver the hood, if you're low man on the totem pole, it's you. I did the hood route many times when I started.

Keep your cash on you to a minimum and don't flash your smartphone around all day. You'll survive.
Exactly. I try to keep my phone & wallet in the back of the truck. I had my phone stolen out of my truck, but I confronted the guy and he gave it back. Since then I keep it in the back.

Also if someone asks if you have change for ___ dollar bill or asks for money respond with "We're not allowed to carry cash, sorry" because sometimes they're scoping things out to rob you.

box_beeyotch

Exactly. I try to keep my phone & wallet in the back of the truck. I had my phone stolen out of my truck, but I confronted the guy and he gave it back. Since then I keep it in the back.

Also if someone asks if you have change for ___ dollar bill or asks for money respond with "We're not allowed to carry cash, sorry" because sometimes they're scoping things out to rob you.

Too add to that, carrying a pocket knife that's visible can sometimes turn people away even if you are the ups guy. Also, if you do find yourself in that situation and it goes wrong, let them have it...they can replace the truck, and all the packages in it, but they can not replace your life.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
You can bump them if you are extra that day and they are scheduled on a route (even if you would be taking said route out in the blind).

Same here, and we were SUPPOSED to be able to bump Jr. drivers if they were extra and we wanted the day, but then my center got rid of all the good cover drivers and management wouldn't let us bump them if they thought it would ruin the rest of their (managements) day