Access UPS uniform provides.

ups1990

I'am always suprised at the access wearing our uniform provides. At the court house, we can go near the Judges chambers, deliver to our Mayor's personaly. Go on military ships.. etc.

One of the best is, delivering to a Dentist or Doctor with a packed waiting room and walking straight through the door for a signature. Even those medical reps, don't get this type of access.

rod

Retired 22 years
I used to deliver to a gentleman that was a liscensed gun dealer that ran his business out of his house. He was never home so I was instructed to deliver it to his wife at her work. She worked at one of the local banks so 2 or 3 times a week there would be old Rod walking into the bank with a box or two of guns. Everyone at the bank knew what I was delivering but never said boo about it. :wink2:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

A lot of us have built up that trust with our customers troughout the years

Thanks for pointing this out. Maybe now some will understand why our 'browns' are so well protected.

It is a combination of the trust that each of us have built with our customers coupled with the trust people have built with the uniform. It is that trust that allows to make our deliveries in the front door as opposed to having to go around back. It is that trust that provides us access behind customer counters, behind "employee only" doors, and to areas not normally accessible to delivery people.

I have a pickup account that has grown by leaps and bounds, going from 30-40 pkgs daily to as many as 200 and they are normally not done when I make my first P/U so the owner has given me a key so that I can come back through and make a final sweep. The account is on the way back to the center and having the key gives me the flexiblity to finish my area and make this P/U when it is convenient for me. I was given the key as a result of the trust that the owner has developed with UPS. And, yes, I have an active sales lead for the additional volume and am looking forward to the $1K that should be added to my Amex sometime in June.

over9five

Staff member
Is it true you can buy uniforms on EBay? I've heard UPS polices the site and prosecutes people who try to sell them.

Bigdawg872

I like the fact that I can deliver to the state capital building and to a nuclear power plant. Granted they wave a sensor around your car to see if you're carring a bomb, but you still get access.

Tiny Panda

I drove onto an Army base on Saturday without having to show a pass or anything, 2 mins later i was stood amongst guns and stuff in the guard room.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
It is a combination of the trust that each of us have built with our customers coupled with the trust people have built with the uniform. It is that trust that allows to make our deliveries in the front door as opposed to having to go around back. It is that trust that provides us access behind customer counters, behind "employee only" doors, and to areas not normally accessible to delivery people.

I have a pickup account that has grown by leaps and bounds, going from 30-40 pkgs daily to as many as 200 and they are normally not done when I make my first P/U so the owner has given me a key so that I can come back through and make a final sweep. The account is on the way back to the center and having the key gives me the flexiblity to finish my area and make this P/U when it is convenient for me. I was given the key as a result of the trust that the owner has developed with UPS. And, yes, I have an active sales lead for the additional volume and am looking forward to the $1K that should be added to my Amex sometime in June.
Come on, man, let's go cruising!

They still won't let you on the runway at Logan with just the uniform!
Try getting on it, naked.:surprised:

I drove onto an Army base on Saturday without having to show a pass or anything, 2 mins later i was stood amongst guns and stuff in the guard room.
And where are the pictures?

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
Yes, If you have been on your route for years the perks of some companies is you can access to areas where even some employees are restricted.

There are many Law Enforcement,Lawyers Offices and Cancer and Aids Centers (where the medicine needs to be delivered to the nurses station.) where you can get up close and personal.

Then again, FDX does too.

jds4lunch

What the hell is YOUPS??
I walked right onto the RCMP gun range today with no questions asked (outside of "where do you need to go?")to deliver a package. I thought that was kind of cool.

DorkHead

I was given the key as a result of the trust that the owner has developed with UPS.

And you will be one of the first people the Police will question when something suddenly comes up missing.
Over the last 24 years, I have had at least 10 companies offer me a key or garage door opener and have always refused. I don`t need the hassle and our center can handle the problem. That`s why they (message clerk) are there.