Accident in FedEx box truck

Nick478

I drive a 12ft box truck for FedEx got into a accident where I bumped a girl switching lanes didnt see her even my boss said I could of looked in the mirror 10 times still wouldn’t of seen her done nothing to truck; left a soft ball dent on car with little scratch nothing major. The. About two weeks later I got into another accident. Stopped at a stop sign really couldn’t see cause of y’all hedge bushes so pulled up some looked both ways pulled out end up hitting tail end of dude truck where he end up flipping a couple times. Will I be fired have heard anything about termination yet been a week since the accident. The other driver truck is totaled and he some fractures and some cuts from what my boss has told me.

MAKAVELI

I drive a 12ft box truck for FedEx got into a accident where I bumped a girl switching lanes didnt see her even my boss said I could of looked in the mirror 10 times still wouldn’t of seen her done nothing to truck; left a soft ball dent on car with little scratch nothing major. The. About two weeks later I got into another accident. Stopped at a stop sign really couldn’t see cause of y’all hedge bushes so pulled up some looked both ways pulled out end up hitting tail end of dude truck where he end up flipping a couple times. Will I be fired have heard anything about termination yet been a week since the accident. The other driver truck is totaled and he some fractures and some cuts from what my boss has told me.
If you're Ground, you're good to go. Lol

Nick478

Yes I’m ground I do rural routes. Do they have some type of policy where I get suspended cause I haven’t been to work since the second wreck, my boss has been keeping me informed on the the driver and says they waiting to see what FedEx wants to do

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
tenor.gif

It will be fine

In the second accident did you cause the other vehicle to flip off it’s wheels? If you did you were at fault for being involved in a roll over accident and that’s a DQ. 2 preventable accidents in 2 weeks should get you fired regardless.

bacha29

Yes I’m ground I do rural routes. Do they have some type of policy where I get suspended cause I haven’t been to work since the second wreck, my boss has been keeping me informed on the the driver and says they waiting to see what FedEx wants to do

Is your "boss" the contractor? If that's the case then understand that despite the fact that he is encumbered with all the risk, liability and variable costs Freddy could dump onto him he has zero power to intercede in your behalf despite the fact that the contractor not Fedex will be the defendant in any future litigation .

Even if the contractor wants to keep you in his employment wants to continue to pay you as his employee he has zero power to determine whether or not you can continue in that capacity. Fedex will decide the matter despite the fact that they don't have a cent of money at risk in the matter.

It's a poor setup that goes through bodies by the rail car load. And even if you do stay it's not going to get any better for you....Getting to a better place should be your top priority.

It will be fine

Is your "boss" the contractor? If that's the case then understand that despite the fact that he is encumbered with all the risk, liability and variable costs Freddy could dump onto him he has zero power to intercede in your behalf despite the fact that the contractor not Fedex will be the defendant in any future litigation .

Even if the contractor wants to keep you in his employment wants to continue to pay you as his employee he has zero power to determine whether or not you can continue in that capacity. Fedex will decide the matter despite the fact that they don't have a cent of money at risk in the matter.

It's a poor setup that goes through bodies by the rail car load. And even if you do stay it's not going to get any better for you....Getting to a better place should be your top priority.
FedEx insures the trucks. They have every right to determine who’s qualified to drive them. If you flip a car over you no longer meet the qualifications.

bacha29

FedEx insures the trucks. They have every right to determine who’s qualified to drive them. If you flip a car over you no longer meet the qualifications.
Right. Including flipping own your own personally owned and personally insured vehicle. Another prime example of Fat Freddy overreach and total domination of you so called "entrepreneurs" and your so called "business"

Nick478

I was at the stop sign about to cross the road. The other driver was coming down the street which goes straight through no stop signs. They got on camera where I stopped at the stop sign pull up a little cause one of the neighbors hedges were so tall I couldn’t see. Once I pulled out I hit him. He didn’t have a seat belt on and was speeding.

bacha29

I was at the stop sign about to cross the road. The other driver was coming down the street which goes straight through no stop signs. They got on camera where I stopped at the stop sign pull up a little cause one of the neighbors hedges were so tall I couldn’t see. Once I pulled out I hit him. He didn’t have a seat belt on and was speeding.
Some of the liability might rest with the property owners if their hedgerow created a hazard. But regardless when it comes to your fate the best thing to do might be to quit rather than to give Fat Freddy the pleasure of skinning you alive and hanging your carcass on the front gate to serve as a reminder to the others including your contractor never to question his power.

Nick478

True, I talked to the wife of the owner she hasn’t heard nothing new. She says it’s a chance I will come back but don’t know when that will be.

It will be fine

True, I talked to the wife of the owner she hasn’t heard nothing new. She says it’s a chance I will come back but don’t know when that will be.
What’s happening is FedEx safety has you set as inactive for safety reasons. A third party is determining if the accident was preventable. They almost always determine it is. Your contractor would need to dispute that finding and provide evidence that through no action or failure to act could you have prevented the accident. That is a very high bar. If he somehow did that he’d have to appeal back to FedEx safety to reinstate you. This being your second accident in as many weeks will make the contractor unlikely to even attempt to dispute the finding. He’s just waiting for the final ruling from the third party to tell you there’s nothing he can do and you’re terminated.