Accidently hit prerec = late air

Ipopsheep

I scanned 2 Next day air in the truck at 930 am and swam to the back of a bricked truck to the 5000 shelf looking for a ground for the same Stop. I didn't realize that I accidently bumped prerec before I scanned the ground. I did a CIR on the ground while my 2 air was hiding in prerec without me knowing. At the end of the day I tried to punch out when it alerted me that I had prerecs. Of course its the 2 NDA. I told the dispatch and he texted the center manager. The NDA and the ground was my very first stop of the day. The customer recieved the packages on time but now my diad says I delivered them at 6:15 at night inside the center. How much trouble am I in?

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Follow up with your center manager in the morning about it. If this is your first time, you’ll get a verbal or written warning letter most likely. Discipline is used to change behaviors, hope it works for you. :censored2: happens to everyone, just learn from it.

bbsam

Staff member
I’m a bit confused. Everyone knows late air is the industry norm now. A documentation error is causing a correctly delivered air package to show as late.

What’s happening to all the other late air? Fraudulent documentation?

Not an issue. You probably wont hear anything about it. Unless you have had many service failures in the past.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I scanned 2 Next day air in the truck at 930 am and swam to the back of a bricked truck to the 5000 shelf looking for a ground for the same Stop. I didn't realize that I accidently bumped prerec before I scanned the ground. I did a CIR on the ground while my 2 air was hiding in prerec without me knowing. At the end of the day I tried to punch out when it alerted me that I had prerecs. Of course its the 2 NDA. I told the dispatch and he texted the center manager. The NDA and the ground was my very first stop of the day. The customer recieved the packages on time but now my diad says I delivered them at 6:15 at night inside the center. How much trouble am I in?

Had that happen at a bulk stop with multilple airs mixed in with ground, over a hundred pieces total. I realized the problem when there were zero packages left, but only 70 scanned. But it was after the commit time by that point, nothing I could do. I messaged in an explanation and didn't hear anything about it after that.

rod

Retired 22 years

Its the end of the world

Poop Head

Judge me.
When you sheet a stop, on the first screen towards the bottom, it will tell you how many stops you've done and how many in pre-record.

rod

Retired 22 years
When you sheet a stop, on the first screen towards the bottom, it will tell you how many stops you've done and how many in pre-record.

We had a guy who ran a high mileage rural route (25 to 30 stops a day). He would prerecord every stop before he left the lot--most days before he even left the building.

542thruNthru

We had a guy have 126 late air because of pre record once. Guess what happen to him... he got a warning letter.

It's a warning letter at the most. Don't worry about it and try not to have late air.

It's happen to me a few times. I now have a alarm that goes off at 10:28 and 14:58 so I can check my pre record. The funny thing is my center manager doesn't even really know how pre record works. So he flips out about it.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
It's all software gore. And I am cynical enough about it to never let the center manager forget about it every day for years.

Just add checking prerecord to your post-air routine.
Document everything, grieve the letter, then grieve all the fine print and craft your own, then file harassment.

babboo25

Banned
Telematics will show what time you were there, honest mistake so no worries. I always try find any ground that I have NDA for before I leave the building, sometimes that’s impossible though.

babboo25

Banned
It's all software gore. And I am cynical enough about it to never let the center manager forget about it every day for years.

Just add checking prerecord to your post-air routine.
Document everything, grieve the letter, then grieve all the fine print and craft your own, then file harassment.
File harassment for his mistake? We have 3 stewards, not 1 would accept that harassment BS grievance.

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
We had a guy have 126 late air because of pre record once. Guess what happen to him... he got a warning letter.

It's a warning letter at the most. Don't worry about it and try not to have late air.

It's happen to me a few times. I now have a alarm that goes off at 10:28 and 14:58 so I can check my pre record. The funny thing is my center manager doesn't even really know how pre record works. So he flips out about it.
Bet that guy was you. Silly goose

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
We used to have that happen a lot.

There is a trick to get around it, that was figured out by management.

I just can't remember what it is right now.

F

Frankie's Friend

The customer recieved the packages on time but now my diad says I delivered them at 6:15 at night inside the center. How much trouble am I in?
How did you "deliver" them inside the center, off area, and if you used CIR for the stop earlier it was a signature required delivery unless you gave it to the person using CIR?
Did your gps not go off?

iruhnman630

Two tricks to avoid this:

1. Complete the delivery of the air packages first, then go get the ground packages.

2. Always hit the prerecord button before commit time to verify nothing is there.