Accrual checks

getting conflicting information regarding the accruel checks we are supposed to receive on retiring It's my understanding it's one days pay for each year of service The hr dope in our building is telling members she has never heard of it and tries to blow them off What rights do we have on this attempt by UPS to keep this money

Big Arrow Down...D

Leave the gun,take the cannoli
getting conflicting information regarding the accruel checks we are supposed to receive on retiring It's my understanding it's one days pay for each year of service The hr dope in our building is telling members she has never heard of it and tries to blow them off What rights do we have on this attempt by UPS to keep this money
Do you mean annuity?

I know for a fact that whatever you want to call it if you don't stay on them they will do whatever they can to try to convince you they know nothing about it

upschuck

Not really sure what you are talking about. Never heard of this. Where is this mentioned in the contract?

There is a way of figuring your pension that is the accrual method, but that isn't a one time payment.

What supplement are you under?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
In most pension funds, the accrual is a slow process that rises quickly within the last 5 years before eligibility.
One accrues the funds to support the annuity in the form of pension payments.
This for legal reasons; to keep retirees with few years of service being able to claim funds if they leave early.

This is a one time check from UPS right and why are they so hesitant to inform people who are about to retire about this benefit Does the money go to the hr people who suck at their jobs fund

A good friend of mine just retired he hounded the hr idiot in our building He had to call a retired center manager who owed him a favor to pressure her to do something She returned my buddy's phone call 1/2 hour later and suddenly she would take care of it right away

I am in the Northeast district I know it exists because when his check finally came in I gave it to him and it opened right there He was disappointed because it was a lump sum and taxes were about 1/3 Still $4k was a nice little gift albeit forced

Ok not really what I was looking for Lets change gears is everyone aware that years of service awards have been reinstated Still no safe driving awards obviously cutting into stock holders dividend checks so sad

Gimme Danger

This is in New England supplement for sure. For 25 or more years of service, you get 3 days pay for every month you work past your anniversary date. It's in the vacation article.