Act Section 806

racerchaser

Today I went to work and we were told we needed to write letters to senators. They had it all write out we just needed to copy it saying we were looking for there support on Act Section 806.

kingOFchester

We had to write 2 letters. One for each of our senators. Then we filled out 4 evelopes. 2 envelopes per senator. One was their state office address....the other was their DC office address. They wouuld then photocopy the two letters and send them in the 2 extra envelopes. We had one guy sit down and start to write that he did not support the section 806 in the act. The sup had him finish the letter, I hope the said sup had enough sense to not mail it.

kingOFchester

Yes, on th clock....and don't think that no one took advantage of it! One guy was in there for 1 hour just to write two, short letters and fill out 4 envelopes.

Also heard from a Sup that UPS is planning a lawsuit against Fedex for their misleading campaign. But I have also heard a lot of things from sups that never transpire.......

Yes, on th clock....and don't think that no one took advantage of it! One guy was in there for 1 hour just to write two, short letters and fill out 4 envelopes.

Also heard from a Sup that UPS is planning a lawsuit against Fedex for their misleading campaign. But I have also heard a lot of things from sups that never transpire.......

The "I`ll make sure you have a 9.5 load" thing?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Addressing egress, contract violations, sups stealing time from employees, harrassment, sending pt home under 3.5, dangerous conditions, belts needing replacement, computers and technology needing replacement/upgrades,

no thanks, but we want you to write your sentator to help knock down FedEx!

I am pro FedEx until UPS addresses its own problems.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We also did the letter writing thing this morning. They allowed us to start 15 minutes early and, if you weren't done, you could finish them on the road and turn them in this evening.

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
Addressing egress, contract violations, sups stealing time from employees, harrassment, sending pt home under 3.5, dangerous conditions, belts needing replacement, computers and technology needing replacement/upgrades,

no thanks, but we want you to write your sentator to help knock down FedEx!

I am pro FedEx until UPS addresses its own problems.

you might be the problem, bud.

Solidarity413

you might be the problem, bud.

Don't hate on sleeve for being real. UPS has real problems they need to address. The only way they address them are by guys like sleeve who file on their b*s, but I don't think that means other issues cannot be addressed outside of the workplace (like RLA).

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
Don't hate on sleeve for being real. UPS has real problems they need to address. The only way they address them are by guys like sleeve who file on their b*s, but I don't think that means other issues cannot be addressed outside of the workplace (like RLA).

i just hope he doesnt bring the negativity to work everyday. it's not like UPS is immune to going out of business. It's also not like these "problems" could be fixed with a snap of the fingers.

if the RLA changes happen, it is a GREAT thing for UPS and all of our employees. I cant believe someone wouldn't support that. It seems selfish - I'll keep collecting my paycheck while someone else does the work. That sounds like a (((union))) attitude. Don't take that the wrong way.

tourists24

It seems selfish - I'll keep collecting my paycheck while someone else does the work. That sounds like a (((union))) attitude. Don't take that the wrong way.
Sounds kinda like the drivers going out and doing the sales leads for our sales reps and does their work... sounds like a (((sales rep))) attitude. Dont take that the wrong way

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
Sounds kinda like the drivers going out and doing the sales leads for our sales reps and does their work... sounds like a (((sales rep))) attitude. Dont take that the wrong way

doing the sales leads? it's called seeing opportuntity and reporting it, not winning the business. give me a break. you get PAID EXTRA if the lead is sold BY THE SALES REP. trust me, sales people havent gotten compensation for 2 years in my district. Drivers make all the money for sold leads.

tourists24

doing the sales leads? it's called seeing opportuntity and reporting it, not winning the business. give me a break. you get PAID EXTRA if the lead is sold BY THE SALES REP. trust me, sales people havent gotten compensation for 2 years in my district. Drivers make all the money for sold leads.
touchy touchy,,,, I hope you dont bring that attitude to work with you everyday... it might rub off on us (((union))) people.

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
touchy touchy,,,, I hope you dont bring that attitude to work with you everyday... it might rub off on us (((union))) people

i make my drivers money, don't worry about that.

the origional point was that it is not cool for someone to want this change from the RLA to happen, but not willing to help.

i'll replace union with (((lazy)) so I dont offend everyone.

tourists24

i make my drivers money, don't worry about that.

the origional point was that it is not cool for someone to want this change from the RLA to happen, but not willing to help.

i'll replace union with (((lazy)) so I dont offend everyone.
first of all,,,, you dont make your drivers money,,, they EARN their money...

second, you're bleeding brown so much you overlook what the point was... it's not laziness... it's UPS's treatment of it's worker and then expecting blind loyalty.... you may be that way, but real workers arent.

Im thankful UPS pays my check; they work my tail off and I help them turn a profit. You want loyalty, start by showing some. Live by the contract you agreed to