ADA Help!

Living on the EDD

Hi all I recently finished rehab from my second back surgery in 12 months for another herniated disc. Doctor says I have reached Maximum medical improvement so Liberty mutual have stopped sending checks. I have been given restrictions of no lifting more than 115lbs and no push/pulling more than 130lbs and management wont allow me to come back yet they wont fire me, just have made me inactive. I have contacted ADA and they are sending me a packet to fill out and my union rep doesn't seem to be real confident in what hes doing or how he can help. Heres the kicker because Ive been on workers comp for last 6 months recovering I dont qualify to collect unemployment or disability to feed my family while this whole fiasco plays out. Any advice on strategy would be appreciated. I also went and got my cdl while ive been off in the hope maybe feeders might become an option. Their reason for not letting me back is I will be required to pull or push more than 130lbs on a hand truck being a package car driver. Such BS

trickpony1

Contact the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) to see if they can assist.

I understand this is a Federal agency that assures that businesses of 25 or more employees that have contracts with the federal government (we meet both criteria) actively hire, retain and promote disabled/handicapped people.

I think you are getting the run-around.

Living on the EDD

Thanks for the constructive comments guys I just wanna work hard and not be taken advantage of you know how it is in the hub and its tuff to get answers. cheers

DOK

Hi all I recently finished rehab from my second back surgery in 12 months for another herniated disc. Doctor says I have reached Maximum medical improvement so Liberty mutual have stopped sending checks. I have been given restrictions of no lifting more than 115lbs and no push/pulling more than 130lbs and management wont allow me to come back yet they wont fire me, just have made me inactive. I have contacted ADA and they are sending me a packet to fill out and my union rep doesn't seem to be real confident in what hes doing or how he can help. Heres the kicker because Ive been on workers comp for last 6 months recovering I dont qualify to collect unemployment or disability to feed my family while this whole fiasco plays out. Any advice on strategy would be appreciated. I also went and got my cdl while ive been off in the hope maybe feeders might become an option. Their reason for not letting me back is I will be required to pull or push more than 130lbs on a hand truck being a package car driver. Such BS
What's the justification for stoping your comp payments ? If you're hurt at work you should be paid until you can come back. If you can't get well enough to come back to work Liberty should buy you out. Isn't that how it works?