ADA Package Car Driver

Dttocs

I use to drive full-time as a package car driver for 4 years (2years driving and 2years injured). The company acknowledged my progression but when I came back to work in 2007 I was told I would receive a combo job. Due to the economic state at that time UPS was not creating or hiring any new combos. So I was told it would be a 2-year wait until I got placed(no pay, no benefits, no nada) or I could take a part time position. Well with my back against the wall I took the part time job. Fast fowarding to present time I have been a part timer now for 10 years after my injury. My condition has improved and Im considering in going back to package with the idea to jump into a feeder driving position. My writen agreement stated that if my condition improved that when the next bid arose to go package that I could bid back into package. The agreement stated that upon resuming work in this position that I would revert back to full time status with the appropriate senority date. My question is? Is this considered dovetailing and would I resume my senority as a drive with 12-years full time status? Plus do I need to complete a year of safe driving to enter into a feeder bid? Or would my last 2-years(injured) suffice the contractual agreement? I also been air driving for a total of 4-years recently

john chesney

I use to drive full-time as a package car driver for 4 years (2years driving and 2years injured). The company acknowledged my progression but when I came back to work in 2007 I was told I would receive a combo job. Due to the economic state at that time UPS was not creating or hiring any new combos. So I was told it would be a 2-year wait until I got placed(no pay, no benefits, no nada) or I could take a part time position. Well with my back against the wall I took the part time job. Fast fowarding to present time I have been a part timer now for 10 years after my injury. My condition has improved and Im considering in going back to package with the idea to jump into a feeder driving position. My writen agreement stated that if my condition improved that when the next bid arose to go package that I could bid back into package. The agreement stated that upon resuming work in this position that I would revert back to full time status with the appropriate senority date. My question is? Is this considered dovetailing and would I resume my senority as a drive with 12-years full time status? Plus do I need to complete a year of safe driving to enter into a feeder bid? Or would my last 2-years(injured) suffice the contractual agreement? I also been air driving for a total of 4-years recently
Get a good labor law attorney for advise