Adams, NY Cheese Festival- Mac and Cheese contest.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Wish me luck as I am entering the Mac and Cheese contest. Why? I have no idea. Now, I am getting nervous.:surprised: I didn't think I would be. Weird.

N
ot sure where this post should have gone. Sorry, if I placed incorrectly.

It could have gone in the "Life after Brown" I guess. But it's happening today, right? That's a pretty current event.
Good luck to ya.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Wish me luck as I am entering the Mac and Cheese contest. Why? I have no idea. Now, I am getting nervous.:surprised: I didn't think I would be. Weird.

N
ot sure where this post should have gone. Sorry, if I placed incorrectly.

It's only "the 2nd Annual" , so no big legacy to cause fear & tension. Give 'em hell !!!! (hint, make it spicy.....a few drops of habanero sauce)

menotyou

bella amicizia
Thanks, everyone. Last year was tiny. So, it has grown quite a bit. We have the Great Lakes Factory in town, so hence, a festival is born. Next year, I will give a little heads up to ya, Over. A long drive for Mac and cheese, but it is really good. I like to say Martha Stewart stole my Mother's recipe.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I won. I am still in shock and have the grandkids playing out back. Oh my lordie, I won. I am still smiling.

Thank you everyone!! You guys are too sweet!:happy-very:

menotyou

bella amicizia
The boyfriend had a daughter when he was 19. She is 25, with 3 of her own. They think of me as 'Grandma'. Thank you, Upstate. I admit that sometimes when we are in a store and they scream, "Grama, this or that", it can be sobering. I am very young at heart, so it is somewhat of a check. I guess at 43, its not too unbelievable.
Cashsux, I am a vestal virgin. Who told you different?:surprised::wink2:

menotyou

bella amicizia
Holy crap, nice job. Did you use Morelucks advice?

I wanted to!! I just made my plain ol' recipe. It is something I have never even wrote down. I guess I'm gonna have to, so I can post it in More's "What's Baking/Cooking" thread.

I really appreciate the kind words from everyone here. Thank you very much.:happy-very:

menotyou

bella amicizia
Here goes:(I doubled the recipe because I handed out free samples afterwards)

1 lb elbow or cavatappi noodles. I prefer Barilla elbows. They have a nice twist. Cook until almost al-dente'.

1 lb Great Lakes 3x cheese, shredded.

1/4 lb Great Lakes 4x cheese, shredded.

1/2 lb butter

1/2 cup flour

3 tsp. salt

3 tsp. pepper

5 cups whole milk

Make a roux with the flour and butter. Cook the flour taste out of the flour, about 10 min. on low.
Add milk and whisk. Cook til simmering. Add shredded cheese and stir til melted. Add noodles and stir to coat.
Butter pan, half sheet size. Shake bread crumbs in to cover. Pour in mixture. Top with more bread crumbs, just to cover.
Bake in preheated convection oven for approximately 45-50 minutes until top is golden brown and bubbly. Let sit about 15 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
There are no calorie counts as this has no calories in it.:wink2: