Added my girlfriend

So how does the added my girlfriend to my insurance. Were not married, I know at my old job my friend was able to put her girlfriend on her insurance. But obviously this is a different company. If anyone has info please pass it along.

rod

Retired 22 years
Not being married I doubt you can. What would stop every Tom ,Dick and Mary from wanting their bff covered under their insurance even if they weren't in a serious relationship?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
So how does the added my girlfriend to my insurance. Were not married, I know at my old job my friend was able to put her girlfriend on her insurance. But obviously this is a different company. If anyone has info please pass it along.
You have to provide proof that you live together in a domestic partnership. There are rules to it...but it can be done...at least under the old Aetna insutance...I knew a couple who had it. call Teamcare.

KALO99

No not in the southern region but you can go to TEAMCARE.ORG and check.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
calll the insurance company. don't ask these clowns. but I do agree . you need to post pic of galpal.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

How hot of an Ol gal is she?

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
And that....what a bunch of :censored2:. I can't insure my girlfriend because I'm heterosexual, but the gays get special privileges.

With you dude.

Let me preface this with I have no problem with gay marriage and gays in general but with that being said . . .

Was blown away when I filled out FMLA forms for the wife's last pregnancy. I, being hetero, could only take FMLA for my spouse.

But the section for gays said all they had to do was sign under a paragraph that basically said, I live with this person an I don't want to live with anyone else.

Seriously?

Now I know they can't legally marry in most of the country (or less now lot really keeping track) but one would think a little more than "I like to cohabitate with this person" should be required. Maybe a power of attorney, or a living will or something!

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
calll the insurance company. don't ask these clowns. but I do agree . you need to post pic of galpal.
As a woman...I would've expected a little more from you. Really.

Need pics of your girlfriend, to determine eligibility.
How hot of an Ol gal is she?
FFS....The OP asked a legitimate question. If she was asking about her husband instead of her girlfriend....would your responses be the same??

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
And that....what a bunch of :censored2:. I can't insure my girlfriend because I'm heterosexual, but the gays get special privileges.
Its also a bunch of BS that you can marry your girlfriend, but a gay woman cant marry hers. I'm glad that gay couples can at least insure each other.