Added to my facebook account

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I disagree. Like it or not, when you put the uniform on, you represent UPS. What purpose would posting photos of a bad load or a sup talking on his cell phone with no seat belt on while sitting in a jump seat with the door open serve other than your own axe to grind? One of the first things I was told was to never bad mouth a competitor and to never do anything that would bring discredit upon UPS.
Man, you sure covered it all right there. Something to remember Upstate. I'm not you, so I don't think or behave the way you do, though I respect the way you behave and may not agree with you sometimes, I still respect that you are, who you are.

I think both points are valid. If you take a picture of something that is in public view you probably have a strong case as long as you were not doing it on the clock, however, I am sure there is something written somewhere that could be used against an individual who is jeopardizing business, competitive advantage and service to the customer... AND, if it can be proved that you are taking pictures while you are supposed to be delivering or loading, etc. now the company can make a case for stealing time... Like I said, is it really worth it?
I was thinking more along the lines of pictures taken on a day off.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
There is no point in bad-mouthing the competitor. It just makes you look petty. Many of the Fedex people that work around here are friends, one a very good friend. I have no issues with them. They are trying to earn a living just like we are. They take our work and we take theirs. What ever issues there may be should be left at the corporate level, not on the streets. Even when customers bitch about Fedex I don't respond in kind. I guarantee that they hear the same thing about us.

As far as pics, the only time I ever take pics of bad loads is to CMA.

AZbrownup

I just took a pic of the telematix black box.. and said Big Brother is watching and shared with MY friends on MY facebook page about the new technology of UPS.. I wasnt "defaming" UPS in anyway or trying to be a disgruntled employee.. alot of people think UPS is still in the dark ages with technology .. in which that is not true what so ever

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I just took a pic of the telematix black box.. and said Big Brother is watching and shared with MY friends on MY facebook page about the new technology of UPS.. I wasnt "defaming" UPS in anyway or trying to be a disgruntled employee.. alot of people think UPS is still in the dark ages with technology .. in which that is not true what so ever
They are with the way they treat their employees.:surprised:

Well, UPS must be doing very well in this bad economy if they can afford to pay someone to monitor everyone that has a facebook account. Telling the public about the black box is no big deal, UPS has reported to news agencies of the technology, it's not only NOT a secret, but they were bragging about how technically advanced they are. This just another attempt to intimidate the worker.
Send me your pic, I'll post it on my Facebook, they can't fire me.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Well, UPS must be doing very well in this bad economy if they can afford to pay someone to monitor everyone that has a facebook account. Telling the public about the black box is no big deal, UPS has reported to news agencies of the technology, it's not only NOT a secret, but they were bragging about how technically advanced they are. This just another attempt to intimidate the worker.
Cool, we can all send 555 our various "fireable" pics and he can post em on his facebook. We'll be able to fire up the, Where, Oh Where is my DIAD pics again and Cheryl won't get in trouble. Awesome idea, 555, pics on the way.:happy2:

BTW, I haven't been able to access this thread for days. I hit refresh and, VIOLA, it worked.

Overpaid Union Thug

They can't monitor your account if you lock it down tight like I have. The privacy setting are pretty good.

Big Babooba

Cool, we can all send 555 our various "fireable" pics and he can post em on his facebook. We'll be able to fire up the, Where, Oh Where is my DIAD pics again and Cheryl won't get in trouble. Awesome idea, 555, pics on the way.:happy2:

BTW, I haven't been able to access this thread for days. I hit refresh and, VIOLA, it worked.
I just love the viola. It has such a pleasing sound.