ADHD medication

S

Southernpkge

Mr Doc is sending me for ADHD testing and wants me to consider adderall medication...(for out of work reasons)I'm concerned with going the medication route.Do not want any problems with DOT physical DQ when M.E. does my recertification. I know all about the form the Physcian fills out stating meds will not affect my driving ability. Just wondering has anyone else been down this road? Has anyone run into any complications?
What happens if medical card is DQed?
I've been with UPS almost 20 years.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I wonder if many people realize that all those meds at some point get flushed down into the tiolet .
Thus some end up back into the food supply .
Along the coastlines some fish have been found in areas that they normally don't belong , some say it's global warming , I say its drugged up fish .

bbsam

Staff member
Stop faking, stay off the drugs, and get to work! No weed either.
You aren't a doctor. Do you play one on TV...

Then again asking the question on a public forum is the height of bad judgement. Maybe medication is wise.

Gear

Parts on Order
I never mention any of the meds the VA has me on when getting a med cert. And before some Officer Do Right says you have to mention all medical problems, I dont and get mine every 2 years. I go to one of those Med Expresses and check no on everything. They're the Examiner , if they cant find it, it doesn't exist.

NXA

Mr Doc is sending me for ADHD testing and wants me to consider adderall medication...(for out of work reasons)I'm concerned with going the medication route.Do not want any problems with DOT physical DQ when M.E. does my recertification. I know all about the form the Physcian fills out stating meds will not affect my driving ability. Just wondering has anyone else been down this road? Has anyone run into any complications?
What happens if medical card is DQed?
I've been with UPS almost 20 years.
I was taking Adderall my first year as a driver. My doc said it was a super low dose, fwiw. If I was to skip a day (because adhd isnt good for remembering), I would be super brain fogged until I took it again. I said as much to the doc, and she wanted to increase the dose. And I decided not to go on with that plan.

I didnt have any complications with DOT qualification. Adderall is an upper, like meth.

If you want to go natural, I recommend research into the Gaps diet, and a visit to a dietician who will get a comprehensive blood test.

MendozaJ

If you made it this far without the need to pop an amphetamine in order to cope with modern society, I say don't bother. You've been gainfully employed for 20 years.

Johney

I never mention any of the meds the VA has me on when getting a med cert. And before some Officer Do Right says you have to mention all medical problems, I dont and get mine every 2 years. I go to one of those Med Expresses and check no on everything. They're the Examiner , if they cant find it, it doesn't exist.
Yea and that little clause at the bottom that says by signing this all the above is true is no big deal right?

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Solid logic

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I guess if it works go for it,me I'm not that much of a risk taker. The odds really are in his favor,but if something goes bad, big trouble.
If you have so many issues that you need to lie on the form, you have to wonder if you should be operating commercial equipment.