Adult sig required

Sixth Punch Sense

Anyone else seeing an uptick for these? I have seen quite a few lately, clearly not tobacco, firearms or booze. I've seen tp and the like but mainly electronics. At first I thought someone hit the wrong button. But I'm starting to think that the purpose is to prevent us sending the package to an access point.

upsgrunt

I've heard, but can't confirm, that if an online purchase makes a credit card balance too close or over the limit, the shipper is notified to ship signature required.

Unknown1234

I’ve had some dumb Amazon package require adult signature. I had two storage boxes +21 signature today. Funny thing is I asked an Amazon guy if they had packages with signatures and they told me he’s never had one.

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
I’m convinced Amazon is making all these ridiculous items ‘signature required’ just to make us look bad.

That is what I was thinking, too. There is no doubt they give us all the sig packages to make their own operation more efficient. But making us look bad would be desirable for them too. I’ve had a few people complain that I am not leaving their stuff like Amazon does. Or that I can’t take a picture of every stop. People don’t care that much that we are better trained and that this job is a real career. They just want their :censored2:.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Box of TP shipped signature required last week. Whatever.
Last April when the toilet paper shortage of Covid peak was at its height, I had a single roll of toilet paper, NDA and Adult Signature Required. The dude came to the door and was like, yeah I just spent $75 for that.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Are they typically from Asia? Because ever brokerage fee I've ever dealt with involved a ~60lb box with Chinese characters all over it. They also tend to emit some noxious odors.
Brokerage fees for us come from anything that is imported into the us

Ghost in the Darkness

Not so much adult sig req but regular sig req are up on my area. Amazon boxes have been a lot of them. One delivery I had said toys in the description and was a sig req and an equal sized boxed also saying toys was not a sig req. So they got one released and the other went to an access point.
Reminds me of the resi/com choose correctly crap where it was like they wanted to make your day more difficult and time consuming.... no problem I'm paid by the minute.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I’m convinced Amazon is making all these ridiculous items ‘signature required’ just to make us look bad.
I tell the customer that Amazon restricted delivery, not us.

Doesn't signature require cost more to ship?

Last edited:

Sixth Punch Sense

I don't think Amazon is doing it, think it's the 3rd party sellers on Amazon.

But the adult stuff is different. Sometime it's just a envelope, a lot of the times it has the lithium battery disclosure on the box.