Advice Concerning A Poor Work Environment

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
Follow the rules. Drive around and deliver some boxes. Show up 5 minutes before start time; leave immediately after punching out. Collect your paycheck. Enjoy your life
Yep that is the way to roll
It doesn't give management anytime to say sheet to you and who cares what anyone else is doing
Best to look a this driving job as if you are an independent contractor who is paid by UPS

Superteeth2478

Whenever it's my time to quit I definitely plan on calling OSHA just to have some fun on my way out.
The only problem is I somehow want to make sure that they come in on a real disaster day.
Would suck if I went through the trouble and actually got them out there and they showed up on an ez day.
I've called OSHA for various reasons a couple of times, and encouraged others to do the same. They never seem to do surprise visits. So it seems it's generally pointless, since they're always forewarned and change things up to make it "safe" for the day they're being audited.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

In one ear and out the other. I show up a minute to start time and completely zone out until I’m off the property. I don’t talk to management without a shop steward to listen in, never sign any papers, and I don’t hang around when I get back. I asked for my Orion to be tweaked a couple days ago and simply said the direction I would like the trace line to go in and my sup told me “I don’t give a :censored2: what you want” and turned around and walked away. I should have known better than to ask questions. It’s us vs them and they’ll never admit when they’re wrong or that they’ve made a mistake and you’ll never be recognized for doing a good job. Follow the rules and procedures and keep your head down.

D

Deleted member 77202

Wish I would have noticed this thread earlier because I can totally relate !!!

My building -- at least the area where I work at -- is also a friend*ing free-for-all, anything goes mess.
It wasn't always like that. Things just started going downhill this past year.

What happened you ask?
The full-time Supervisor who's in charge of my shift changed. I can't state it any simpler than that.

What used to be a somewhat intense, by-the-book, stoic kind of boss suddenly transformed into a gossiping, sneaky, bitter person who changes rules & procedures on a whim and who defends the actions of the absolute worst employees!

I stay away from him. I don't make eye contact with him. If he tells me to do something, I say okay and get away from him as quickly as possible! LOL.

quad decade guy

Talk to @quad decade guy he can help you out. Send him a PM. He don't let no one stand in the way of safety!

No, I don't agree to any of that. What's wrong with safety JA?

Besides, censorship won't allow me to fully respond.

In the end, for you and your family, I hope you aren't a victim of your own pig headed

attitude. Monumentally short-sighted, misguided and foolish. Not to mention

how it could effect innocent bystanders or the public. JA thruNthru...

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
No, I don't agree to any of that. What's wrong with safety JA?

Besides, censorship won't allow me to fully respond.

In the end, for you and your family, I hope you aren't a victim of your own pig headed

attitude. Monumentally short-sighted, misguided and foolish. Not to mention

how it could effect innocent bystanders or the public. JA thruNthru...
Pig headed attitude? Who 542? Is that your management response to threaten and pressure people with a true gripe to remain silent?
What are you talking about and to whom?

rocket man

The location I work at is really bad. Supervisors talk poorly about everyone. Lying on anyone if it suits them. Breaking the rules and doing whatever they want. Walking out of dock doors, running the yard without vests on, sorting packages, name calling, talking down to people, telling uncertified people to drive package trucks and then turning around and writing them up for it later. It's a mess. There's a stack of grievances by employees and customers in the office that have never been filed too. If one supervisor tells me to do something the other one will chew me out for doing what I was told to do. I don't know what to do. Been at this location for about 4 months.
Enjoy the show.

H.E. Pennypacker

Mmm, Mombasa!
The location I work at is really bad. Supervisors talk poorly about everyone. Lying on anyone if it suits them. Breaking the rules and doing whatever they want. Walking out of dock doors, running the yard without vests on, sorting packages, name calling, talking down to people, telling uncertified people to drive package trucks and then turning around and writing them up for it later. It's a mess. There's a stack of grievances by employees and customers in the office that have never been filed too. If one supervisor tells me to do something the other one will chew me out for doing what I was told to do. I don't know what to do. Been at this location for about 4 months.
300px-James_Franco_First_Time.jpg