Advice Concerning A Poor Work Environment

The location I work at is really bad. Supervisors talk poorly about everyone. Lying on anyone if it suits them. Breaking the rules and doing whatever they want. Walking out of dock doors, running the yard without vests on, sorting packages, name calling, talking down to people, telling uncertified people to drive package trucks and then turning around and writing them up for it later. It's a mess. There's a stack of grievances by employees and customers in the office that have never been filed too. If one supervisor tells me to do something the other one will chew me out for doing what I was told to do. I don't know what to do. Been at this location for about 4 months.

Last edited:

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
The location I work at is really bad. Supervisors talk poorly about everyone. Lying on anyone if it suits them. Breaking the rules and doing whatever they want. Walking out of dock doors, running the yard without vests on, sorting packages, name calling, talking down to people, telling uncertified people to drive package trucks and then turning around and writing them up for it later. It's a mess. There's a stack of grievances by employees and customers in the office that have never been filed too. If one supervisor tells me to do something the other one will chew me out for doing what I was told to do. I don't what to do.
Follow the rules. Drive around and deliver some boxes. Show up 5 minutes before start time; leave immediately after punching out. Collect your paycheck. Enjoy your life

Rack em

Made the Podium
The location I work at is really bad. Supervisors talk poorly about everyone. Lying on anyone if it suits them. Breaking the rules and doing whatever they want. Walking out of dock doors, running the yard without vests on, sorting packages, name calling, talking down to people, telling uncertified people to drive package trucks and then turning around and writing them up for it later. It's a mess. There's a stack of grievances by employees and customers in the office that have never been filed too. If one supervisor tells me to do something the other one will chew me out for doing what I was told to do. I don't what to do.
Call OSHA and request a visit from them. Inform your BA of the work environment and request he step in asap. If the union fails to remedy the conditions, go to the NLRB and file labor charges against both the union and the company.

542thruNthru

The location I work at is really bad. Supervisors talk poorly about everyone. Lying on anyone if it suits them. Breaking the rules and doing whatever they want. Walking out of dock doors, running the yard without vests on, sorting packages, name calling, talking down to people, telling uncertified people to drive package trucks and then turning around and writing them up for it later. It's a mess. There's a stack of grievances by employees and customers in the office that have never been filed too. If one supervisor tells me to do something the other one will chew me out for doing what I was told to do. I don't know what to do. Been at this location for about 4 months.

Talk to @quad decade guy he can help you out. Send him a PM. He don't let no one stand in the way of safety!

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
What article do customers file grievances under?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
OMG! In the yard without a vest??

On the other hand, the union sure does let the company get away with part-time sups working. Why not audit the buildings repeatedly and shut it down? Create an environment where sups are afraid to touch a package. Perhaps the company will be forced to hire more people?

Customers can file a grievance?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

72274229_2625526274173204_7403912070795624448_o.jpg

Justaloader

OMG! In the yard without a vest??

On the other hand, the union sure does let the company get away with part-time sups working. Why not audit the buildings repeatedly and shut it down? Create an environment where sups are afraid to touch a package. Perhaps the company will be forced to hire more people?
Good luck with that. This happens at my location daily (they send the twilight loaders home every day at 10 pm, and then finish loading the trailers).

AwashBwashCwash

Whenever it's my time to quit I definitely plan on calling OSHA just to have some fun on my way out.
The only problem is I somehow want to make sure that they come in on a real disaster day.
Would suck if I went through the trouble and actually got them out there and they showed up on an ez day.