Advice for a single mom just starting with UPS? Please?

menotyou

bella amicizia
OK.....Let's say she does get to name her own hours through peak. Fine. And, (because she seems to be God's gift) makes seniority. Fine.

How long before seniority(I mentioned this above and was told to grow up)(OK, time to grow up) rears it's ugly head?

Remember the seniority system? Overtime, extra work and all that. First whiff an upper(which will be everyone) seniority person gets of her"deal"......it will all fall apart.

Couple of grievances and boom, she's working five days till God knows when.....right? And then right back to where we started....right?

At the very least, she is being sold down the river for peak.

Or whatever makes her so attractive to the center manager/sups.(yes I said attractive) will have to payoff sooner or later(yep, I said it).

Or she'll be a center mgr. in a year(like I've seen here).
She's definitely being sold a hill of beans. After peak, she will be toast.

W

want to retire

She's definitely being sold a hill of beans. After peak, she will be toast.

You sure don't hear much of that in this thread. I tried to be charitable. I KNOW THIS JOB. Been here a LONG time. The whole story has been unbelievable from the get go.

Indecisi0n

It's the same story everywhere. Sups telling you "OMG you are great at this. Don't worry we have a lot of people retiring and a lot of positions opening. Keep up this pace and you will def have a job." Come Dec 31 that all changes.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We have a preloader/casual who is a FT college student. He drives during the summer and will drive during Peak after finals. He also drives as needed during his breaks from school. They work with him and he with them.

I think the OP is telling the truth---it is very likely that her mgt team is willing to work with her for the next few weeks with the understanding that once Peak starts she will be working each and every day.

I still think that she needs to look for a job which will provide her with the flexibility she needs---UPS is not that job.

W

want to retire

I have noticed a lot of trolls as of late. She might be real, but this story smacks of a troll.

I've been trying to put it together. Almost like a Penthouse Forum letter(so I hear.... ; ).........." and suddenly, before I knew it...." everything working out perfectly....."I can't hardly believe it either...." She must have a great rack is all I can figure.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I've been trying to put it together. Almost like a Penthouse Forum letter(so I hear.... ; ).........." and suddenly, before I knew it...." everything working out perfectly....."I can't hardly believe it either...." She must have a great rack is all I can figure.
:rofl: I just laughed out loud on that one!

HomeDelivery

Honestly, i sorta believe this story only because i'm in the same situation!

But, in my division of purple, I know when to be working for a contractor & when to be a hired as an hourly temp driver, just to maximize my time with my 3 kids... either position still deems that i'm not really an employee of FredEx

if you truely can stick it out during peak, and it's only until Dec, do it! will look good on your resume & you will have some OT pay that you can use for their Xmas presents.

It's the same story everywhere. Sups telling you "OMG you are great at this. Don't worry we have a lot of people retiring and a lot of positions opening. Keep up this pace and you will def have a job." Come Dec 31 that all changes.

I'm starting my third X-mas season as a casual, I have heard this story once or twice lmao :whiteflag:

anonymous4

tumblr_ltnehx1t6U1r4ghkoo1_500.gif

W

want to retire

Way off topic, but.........

I'm not a guy, so I don't get it. Is Beyonce really that hot?

She is attractive. I saw the other day that Rihanna is the sexiest. The few I polled didn't see it. Sure would have been way, way down on my list. In all fairness, I'm a white guy and ethnic(to me) has to be exceptional for a second look. But........attractive and good looking......is attractive and good looking. Rihanna.....yuck

menotyou

bella amicizia
Natalie Portman is way hot, and I'm a girl. I wouldn't switch hit for her, but she's hot. The ones that are always the hottest, I think, are the Brazilian girls in theMiss Universe pageant. Freaking hot.

(ok, this is getting weird)

W

want to retire

Natalie Portman is way hot, and I'm a girl. I wouldn't switch hit for her, but she's hot. The ones that are always the hottest, I think, are the Brazilian girls in theMiss Universe pageant. Freaking hot.

(ok, this is getting weird)

Sorry......but I think Sofia Vergara is freaking gorgeous/sexy but when she speaks.......I can't stand it......those South American(even though beautiful).....lose me.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Sorry......but I think Sofia Vergara is freaking gorgeous/sexy but when she speaks.......I can't stand it......those South American(even though beautiful).....lose me.
They need to keep their mouths shut and just be pretty. It's like the Spanish soap stars. Beautiful, but the voice is like a nail being driven into your ear.