Aetna sucks

Andorian440

We might as well not even have insurance. I pay $18 a month for nothing. The year is half over and between the new deductable and what they refuse to pay for, they have paid for nothing so far this year.

They promised a $100 dollar gift card if we filled out a health assessment. I filled it out months ago, and still have not received the card. I should have never filled that thing out, now they have information about mine and my family's health history that they shouldn't have.

The discounts on gym membership are not discounts at all. I checked one of the gyms. I can get a cheaper rate walking in off the street.

pemanager

Andorian,

Not sure if you're management and are under the same program as I am but there are two steps to getting the $100 gift card for completing the assessment. The first is to take the assessment. The second is to go to a web page (link should be on Aetna's web page and UPSERS.com) to put in the address, etc. information. There is also a delay between completing step two and receiving the gift card. I think mine was about four weeks.

moreluck

golden ticket member
"I can get a cheaper rate walking in off the street. "

You can get free exercise just walking on the street....big discount! You paid $18 for nothing....what did you want a big illness or a major surgery?? You could be paying $1400 for a couple each & every month, so $18 is chump change....Get over it !

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We might as well not even have insurance. I pay $18 a month for nothing. The year is half over and between the new deductable and what they refuse to pay for, they have paid for nothing so far this year.

They promised a $100 dollar gift card if we filled out a health assessment. I filled it out months ago, and still have not received the card. I should have never filled that thing out, now they have information about mine and my family's health history that they shouldn't have.

The discounts on gym membership are not discounts at all. I checked one of the gyms. I can get a cheaper rate walking in off the street.

You can get free exercise just walking on the street....big discount! You paid $18 for nothing....what did you want a big illness or a major surgery?? You could be paying $1400 for a couple each & every month, so $18 is chump change....Get over it !

More, read what he said more slowly this time and I think you will understand his frustration. His out of pocket expenses far exceed the $18/week, between deductibles and what Aetna refuses to pay. He has yet to receive the $100 gift card and the "discount" Aetna offers for his local gym is not as good as the one he would receive as a new member off the street.

This is the trend in healthcare. Co-pays, deductibles and denial of claims are all too common.

Don't be so quick to slam someone without taking the time to read and process what was said.

UPSGUY72

I'm glad I live and work where I do especially with two kids. I have no copays except for meds that I get reimbursed for anyways up to $600 year. All for the price of my union dues.

FracusBrown

Ponies and Planes

The purpose of insurance is the protect you in case of serious medical illness. It's not intented to make every medical situation entirely cost free.

Insurance is one of the biggest problems with health care today. People that have cost free or nearly cost free plans don't care about how much the care costs. Doctors know you don't care and they make more by doing more procedures, tests, etc.

This is the reason health care costs are out of sight.

+100

Andorian440

The purpose of insurance is the protect you in case of serious medical illness. It's not intented to make every medical situation entirely cost free.

Insurance is one of the biggest problems with health care today. People that have cost free or nearly cost free plans don't care about how much the care costs. Doctors know you don't care and they make more by doing more procedures, tests, etc.

This is the reason health care costs are out of sight.

If they're treating us this way over minor health issues, I can't help but wonder how it will be if we do come down with a serious medical issue.

As for unnecessary tests and procedures, we are not doctors ourselves, we are relying on the advice and recomendations they make based on their expertise. Are we in the position to second guess them?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Sorry if I'm sounding like a cheapskate. I only work part-time and have to watch my dollars.

I am FT and also watch my dollars.

We have a chiropractor here in town who knows our insurance coverage better than most of us do. He knows exactly how many visits are covered (16) and makes sure that his treatment consists of 16 services. He also has a separate, lower rate if you pay him in cash. I no longer go to his office.

tieguy

Banned
If they're treating us this way over minor health issues, I can't help but wonder how it will be if we do come down with a serious medical issue.

As for unnecessary tests and procedures, we are not doctors ourselves, we are relying on the advice and recomendations they make based on their expertise. Are we in the position to second guess them?

I had aetna for a major illness and they were absolutely awesome. I have since lost my aetna due to the company going to someone cheaper who's name I still have a hard time remembering and they suck.

I have not filled out the gift card scam because I think the whole process of giving personal information for a reward lacks integrity. I don't need corporate america collecting and diagnosing my health. I have a doctor for that.