afford to work

Brian69

Been off sick with tonsillitis for two and a half weeks supplied sick certificates as it was so bad been told that have to have them out just had welfare meeting about coming back to work and was told that I would not be paid So how can I afford to work ie petrol

PT Car Washer

Been off sick with tonsillitis for two and a half weeks supplied sick certificates as it was so bad been told that have to have them out just had welfare meeting about coming back to work and was told that I would not be paid So how can I afford to work ie petrol
Always want to have a reserve fund for emergencies. Maybe borrow from a close relative?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
So you're telling me you can't afford gas to get to work because they aren't paying you for the time you were sick?

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Here in the States, most of us have short term disability. Starts paying on the 8th day.

Apparently, you don't have that across the pond.

Maybe you should have worked with a little pain. We all have at one time or another. Drugs are wonderful.