Aflac

jled067

Can someone please tell me how aflac works, can I use it if I'm on workers comp? Does it just cover me for off the job injuries? Can I collect it with STD? is it worth it? Any info is appreciated. Thanks

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Ive had it for like 3 years now. Have only had to use it 1 time thankfully. I don't believe you can use it with workers comp but a representative could assist you with a definite answer, but I dont think no. I think its worth it if you get the right coverage. Usually a bundle package is best. I have 3 policies. I have the disability, hospitalization, and critical illness. Disability pays you like 60 to 70 percent of your salary. Hospitalization and critical illness pay for like hospital visits, diagnostics and other stuff you would run into in that type of scenario. They pay you a certain number like a cash allowance for every thing. I pay like 175 a month right now but im getting ready to up my income on the disability so premium will probably go up a little bit. Its good to have to cushion what insurance doesn't pickup. I got 2 medical insurances so most of that money goes into my pocket. Aflac isn't the only game in town which has been mentioned here before. You may want to try and pick up some supplemental insurance with maybe your home or auto policies. Usually always get a better deal with a bundle. Its definitely a good way to protect your family from losing your house or whatever especially with this hardazz job and what it does to you physically.

Can someone please tell me how aflac works, can I use it if I'm on workers comp? Does it just cover me for off the job injuries? Can I collect it with STD? is it worth it? Any info is appreciated. Thanks
I don't think it covers std's. Bag that thing up and get back in the game player.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have Combined but the two are basically the same. The key term here is "supplemental", which means "in addition to" so, yes, you would receive Aflac payments while on comp and STD. Depending upon the level of coverage you choose, you can be covered 24/7 for both injuries and sickness.

jled067

I have Combined but the two are basically the same. The key term here is "supplemental", which means "in addition to" so, yes, you would receive Aflac payments while on comp and STD. Depending upon the level of coverage you choose, you can be covered 24/7 for both injuries and sickness.
Thanks

jled067

Ive had it for like 3 years now. Have only had to use it 1 time thankfully. I don't believe you can use it with workers comp but a representative could assist you with a definite answer, but I dont think no. I think its worth it if you get the right coverage. Usually a bundle package is best. I have 3 policies. I have the disability, hospitalization, and critical illness. Disability pays you like 60 to 70 percent of your salary. Hospitalization and critical illness pay for like hospital visits, diagnostics and other stuff you would run into in that type of scenario. They pay you a certain number like a cash allowance for every thing. I pay like 175 a month right now but im getting ready to up my income on the disability so premium will probably go up a little bit. Its good to have to cushion what insurance doesn't pickup. I got 2 medical insurances so most of that money goes into my pocket. Aflac isn't the only game in town which has been mentioned here before. You may want to try and pick up some supplemental insurance with maybe your home or auto policies. Usually always get a better deal with a bundle. Its definitely a good way to protect your family from losing your house or whatever especially with this hardazz job and what it does to you physically.
Thanks