After Peak

dave7012

Been a UPSer/Teamster for the past 8 years, decided to give driving a go this peak. Have been told I’m being retained after peak, but haven’t worked this week? What should I expect from here on?

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
You will probably get sent back to the hub. Keep in contact with your center manager and ask him. No one here knows what will happen in your specific situation.

MattM

They're sending people home. But I'm seeing drivers with helpers still. Isn't that counter productive to our contract?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Been a UPSer/Teamster for the past 8 years, decided to give driving a go this peak. Have been told I’m being retained after peak, but haven’t worked this week? What should I expect from here on?
Dates look open?

upload_2020-1-11_11-41-56-png.279244

Indecisi0n

Haven't worked as a driver or worked at all? You do know you are guaranteed hours as an employee right?

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
If you really want it, hang in there, play the game. They strung me along for months, my first day of drive school was early Jan and I didn’t finish my packet until May. Some weeks they put me on the preload all week, some weeks they’d just put me on road 1 or 2 days and I was home or helping my brother and his painting business for extra cash the rest of the time. And some weeks they killed me, had me come in preload then they would chop my training route into a 6-7 hour day and I’d have to go run it scratch after waking up at 2 am and working a whole preload shift. Hang in there, don’t rock the boat, don’t hit anything....just gotta tough it out for a while. Live frugal, save everything that you can

over9five

Staff member
HERE, they let all the seasonal drivers go yesterday. A few days early, contract says they can keep them till the 15th.
Should be a lot of OT next week!

dave7012

Plus u have 8 years as a teamster..

u didn't bump anyone off that's lower than you?

or

you're going to file grievances afterwards?
I should have bumped everyone I was the only seasonal driver that was PT before. Gonna talk to my SS on Tuesday when he’s in.

Indecisi0n

If you really want it, hang in there, play the game. They strung me along for months, my first day of drive school was early Jan and I didn’t finish my packet until May. Some weeks they put me on the preload all week, some weeks they’d just put me on road 1 or 2 days and I was home or helping my brother and his painting business for extra cash the rest of the time. And some weeks they killed me, had me come in preload then they would chop my training route into a 6-7 hour day and I’d have to go run it scratch after waking up at 2 am and working a whole preload shift. Hang in there, don’t rock the boat, don’t hit anything....just gotta tough it out for a while. Live frugal, save everything that you can
I need my office painted. When can you make it out for an estimate?