After temp- Do I have to show up everyday?

Otey05

I was hired as temp in July; when my position ended I was told they would keep me driving "as long as the work was there." They aren't authorized to use me for ground delivery so I run air and shuttle when available. Some days I work 1hr, some days I work 8, and some none. I'm waiting on 22.4 list to come out. I picked up a side job this week though and haven't showed up at all and haven't notified anyone. My sup called Wednesday asking if I wanted to shuttle but I told him I was at my side job, and he said no big deal pretty much. Would I be considered as a No call, No show though?? My time card viewer is saying "Not scheduled" on the days I have not been in and not called...

This side job is over next week btw, just wanted to brace myself for any possible lash when I show back up lol

D

Deleted member 77202

I was hired as temp in July; when my position ended I was told they would keep me driving "as long as the work was there." They aren't authorized to use me for ground delivery so I run air and shuttle when available. Some days I work 1hr, some days I work 8, and some none. I'm waiting on 22.4 list to come out. I picked up a side job this week though and haven't showed up at all and haven't notified anyone. My sup called Wednesday asking if I wanted to shuttle but I told him I was at my side job, and he said no big deal pretty much. Would I be considered as a No call, No show though?? My time card viewer is saying "Not scheduled" on the days I have not been in and not called...

No, you will not be considered a No-Call/No-Show.

To them, you're still kinda a 'temp' because you're not an employee who works everyday.

They'll string you along for as long as they can.

Your Supervisor called ya and asked if you wanted to work and didn't care or mind that you had another job -- that proves it right there that you're just a warm body to them.
In other words, if you're unavailable on a certain day, they'll simply call the next person on the list until they get someone who will do it.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

This side job is over next week btw, just wanted to brace myself for any possible lash when I show back up lol

You are not a temp. What they are doing is outside the bounds of the contract. Find out what local union represents you, go down to the union hall, arrange for your initiation fees and dues to be taken out, then talk to your BA about your situation.

sandwich

The resident gearhead

Just tell them you only want to work 3 days a week. UPS is super chill bro.