After ups school

luckster

so i finish ups school a week ago and was told to go back to my PT air driver for now until they're ready for my training route to qualify for FT. union said this is not right. I was supposed to get training route right after ups school and the days I was asked to work as air driver I should be paid $18.75 per hr and those days should count towards my 30 days since I'm in the union already. Does anyone have any insight of how this works is the union right??

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The ideal would have been for them to start training you right away; however, this is a very slow time for UPS and you should be thankful that they are letting you deliver air rather than sitting at home.

No, you are not entitled to driver pay just for running air.

Box Ox

I was asked to work as air driver I should be paid $18.75 per hr and those days should count towards my 30 days since I'm in the union already.

No. You receive your air driver pay for air driving. But there probably is a limit to the amount of time the Company can slot you in to start your training route. Training doesn’t guarantee an immediate training route or FT rate.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

No. You receive your air driver pay for air driving. But there probably is a limit to the amount of time the Company can slot you in to start your training route. Training doesn’t guarantee an immediate training route or FT rate.

There is no limit to the amount of time that they Company has to put you on road after you complete DTS.