Age Discrimination

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Have to agree with you but it's painfully obvious that is not how it works a lot of times.

It seems the only time I hear about this, is on BrownCafe.

I know you would swoop in and crack down on the company, but in general they are allowed to do as they please.

My educated guess is if it happens.... it's in small extended centers, where there is little communication and

involvement between the members and the Local Union. And, maybe an under-educated Steward.

J.D. Hogg

So, at 52 I was hired to do Personal Season Driving. I really enjoyed the work and expressed that I wld love to be a full time Package Delivery Driver. They hired me to work local sort. Then after a few months they have me go to Integrad and I pass and come back and they have me do some AirDriving and Deliveries to get accustomed. I work 2nd shift, mostly do small sort, unloading trucks and loading trucks. After about 2 hours we finish loading and then I load the Air truck and deliver to my pickup guy who then takes them to the airport. I had been doing this for about 5 weeks and then someone younger with less senority who just passed driving school is sent out to train for Delivery Driver. I asked my night Union Steward why he went ahead of me to start delivering? He told me that it was because The Designated Air Driver. I know he is full of * and is such a suck up to management. I didn't respond but later contacted the head Steward of our Hub. I text him and he never writes me back. I see him the next day at work and he says, "hi" but never came over to talk to me and address the problem. So, I went above his head and contacted the Regional Union Representative. He said he wld make some calls and get back to me. I am not feeling very positive about any back up help. I am a woman and I am not a Spring Chicken, but I work hard and fast...maybe being a Delivery Driver cld be too much for me, but I don't like being lied to and pissed down my back telling me it's raining. Any advice?
Always Remember:
NEVER assume/think/believe that Management will just do the right thing or make the decision that makes the most sense -- because they do NOT care about your needs/wants ! ! !

A Supervisor will look you right in the eyes, smile, and LIE right to your face -- regarding anything.

To get what you want at UPS, you must be very aggressive or you'll get stepped on & forgotten about.

And it might not be fair, but if you're an employee who isn't a 20-year-old able-bodied male, then you'll need to prove yourself even more -- in order to get what you want.
:samvetesmiley:

What'dyabringmetoday???

It seems the only time I hear about this, is on BrownCafe.

My educated guess is if it happens.... it's in small extended centers, where there is little communication and

involvement between the members and the Local Union. And, maybe an under-educated Steward.
Seems to me you could be wrong. But we all have opinions.

Off the leash

901F1FCE-F9DC-4E68-8A4F-D5FFE5171964.jpeg
901F1FCE-F9DC-4E68-8A4F-D5FFE5171964.jpeg
Biden’s gotta go!

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
Did you sign the bid sheet? Are you positive he's training to be a ft driver? Maybe he's training to be seasonal? Maybe he was hired off the street as a driver? Maybe he's training to be an air driver?

If there's a seniority violation then file. But there are possible logical explanations as to why they would take him first.
He needs TRT

Made brown

This is why I say they coddled you...

You care about being ignored at work.

Every driver wishes to be left alone and not talked to unless needed.

Hope this helped
I don't even answer my phone calls from work when im working. I rather see face to face what they needed.
Leave me alone ✊🏼