Age requirement for package delivery

CleanCut

I want to go driver but turn 21 in the next couple months. I wanted to know if UPS will allow a 20 year old to drive since he’s turning 21 soon, or will I just have to wait? I thought the only reason why you’ll have to be 21 is because you’ll transport liquor and hazardous materials. If that’s case couldn’t they just put me in a car that doesn’t have that ?

And when I go for CDL license through UPS will I still have to take a written exam?

rod

Retired 22 years
When I got hired you had to: (to be a driver)
Be 21
Have your active military service done. (military rejects need not apply)
Be male (as far as I know there were no women drivers in 71
Be Married. PT could be single but you had to be married to be considered for full time. They wanted
responsible people who had commitments--not some clown living in his parents basement.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
When I got hired you had to: (to be a driver)
Be 21
Have your active military service done. (military rejects need not apply)
Be male (as far as I know there were no women drivers in 71
Be Married. PT could be single but you had to be married to be considered for full time. They wanted
responsible people who had commitments--not some clown living in his parents basement.
Holy smokes. You can’t say that!!! Lmao. Even though it’s all true, you can’t say that. Lmfao

rod

Retired 22 years
Holy smokes. You can’t say that!!! Lmao. Even though it’s all true, you can’t say that. Lmfao

Those requirements (except the no women one and I'm assuming that was true because there were just NO women drivers in Mn.) came straight from the guys mouth who was from Minneapolis and had came up to hire for an driver opening. At that time I was a pt'er and he told me this stuff right to my face. I wanted to go full time and he wanted me but said his hands were tied by the rules. As it turned out a month later I got married on a Saturday and was Full time starting the following Tuesday. It was a Memorial weekend.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Those requirements (except the no women one and I'm assuming that was true because there were just NO women drivers in Mn.) came straight from the guys mouth who was from Minneapolis and had came up to hire for an driver opening. At that time I was a pt'er and he told me this stuff right to my face. I wanted to go full time and he wanted me but said his hands were tied by the rules. As it turned out a month later I got married on a Saturday and was Full time starting the following Tuesday. It was a Memorial weekend.
That is some crazy s*. Lol

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member

Damn, I thought the uniform guidelines were stricter than this back then, LOL
sailingSpouses.jpg
d663a83bcf118c8a271f765e9dfb048f.jpg

Last edited:

Wit Cho Yo Goofass

Damn, I thought the uniform guidelines were stricter than this, LOL
sailingSpouses.jpg
d663a83bcf118c8a271f765e9dfb048f.jpg
Ha. I was told a few days ago that long hair is frowned upon cause it could be caught in machinery. I laughed & asked if all women were going to be required to shave our heads next.

be065fa8a5afcace69cca8996566070a.gif

Big earrings were also mentioned, but the hair one had me cackle cause it’s more and more added to the policy for women and how we need to be ‘properly dressed’

And I LOVE my big hoop earrings...

lolbr

And when I go for CDL license through UPS will I still have to take a written exam?
You don't need a CDL. Some states a normal drivers license will do. Other states may need a chauffer's license, which is just a couple extra questions on the written test.