Ahhh peak season...

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
The last few years, peak has seemed to drag on and on...but (in my building anyway) all hell breaks loose after black Friday. Well...this year Black Friday isn't until the 29th, so that means there's one less week of peak season this year! Some may be saddened by it, but peak is a giant pain in my arse so one less week of it is outstanding!

brostalss

Ah yes Peak Season. Where Top Brass find and creative ways to screw things up.

I always love love it when they start off with…"Well, based on last years's numbers…"
Uh, it's NOT last year.

Thankfully our our center hasn't had a really bad peak in quite some time. *knock on wood*
I still remember that one awful year they were rolling 6 to 7 trailers a day and drivers were bringing back 50 to 75 stops every night.

I just drive.

cynic

I'm waiting for UPS to put tents in the parking lot. Our volume is up by almost 50% due to two Amazon distribution centers that opened by our hub. This before "true" peak season is upon us. And we lost two people in unload. Where's the Advil? And people wonder where my Christmas spirit has gone...

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I'm waiting for UPS to put tents in the parking lot. Our volume is up by almost 50% due to two Amazon distribution centers that opened by our hub. This before "true" peak season is upon us. And we lost two people in unload. Where's the Advil? And people wonder where my Christmas spirit has gone...
Give us tents?? Oh no, they'll just pile a bunch of forever bags in empty trailers for us to sleep on....lol. Ahh....10 hours of loading fun....can't hardly wait.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader

This is go to happen near us soon as well. Theres talks about amazon dropping fedex completely and going through us altogether.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
This is going to be the heaviest peak ever for our center. The preload(in a 50 car center) manages to have 30 -50 misloads a day right now,this number will BOOM during peak. We dont have enough drivers, they are only putting a handful of Seasonal drivers on and I plan on working until starting at 830 am,at 830 Pm,taking lunch( we can take ours whenever in our supplement) returning to the building after lunch at 10 pm. I'll record my missed and be off the clock by 1030 pm. Friday will be a short day!

jaker

trolling
I look foward to it a little , it's the only time of the year when I get off I am not beat up

Thank goodness for runners

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
I love peak just for the messages we get. Last year was classic. Sent 5 guys home and I go out with a planned 13 hour day, I am then told I give up to easy.
Anyway the load was so bad I was actually looking at 15 hours of work. About noon I send a message I am over 14...... get back call center ASAP.

I call, center manager yells at me that I have to be in and off by 9pm. I say fine by me, but I will be sheeting up well over 100 stops as missed. More screaming on the phone, I hang up and go back to work.

20 minutes later another message, if I don't clean by 9 I will be getting a warning letter Monday........ This did not help my mood that much. But then I said OK I will be clean by 9..... But I didn't mention the AM part, lol.

Anyway about 6 I am told I still have close to 200 stops left and only 130 off, what is the problem? So at the end of the day I had another driver meet me, he took 50 or so and I punched out at 9, missed 78 stops and didn't get a warning letter Monday, lol
Oh well the paychecks are nice.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
Different strokes for different folks. A lot of drivers in my building like peak because they hardly leave the truck and make a nice Christmas bonus (hours) But for hub workers, peak is a drag on the body. I do car shifting so I get to wait for the stragglers. And I'll get in my fair share of doubling too...it's just every year I think I put an extra year of wear and tear on the ol' body. But...my chubby arse could use the extra work anyway.

preload1

Then quit package monkey. Good luck finding another job in this economy that pays wages and benefits like you have now. You need a taste of reality skippy.

cynic

Then quit package monkey. Good luck finding another job in this economy that pays wages and benefits like you have now. You need a taste of reality skippy.

Bite me chicken choker - I'm a cynic and here for the benefits. Now, back to my tree to swing. Happy mis-load beeotch.

PT Car Washer

We call it trailer monkeys in my building. preload 1 is right. you don't how hard it is to find a minimum wage job with no benefits in this economy.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Spoken like a true....sup lol. C'mon Cynic....let's get back to swinging in the trees and chasing our tails lol. If you're a good package monkey...maybe i'll even peel.....your banana....lol