Air Bid Driver in the middle of my Qualifying period

Posted here before when I was struggling my first week as an air driver. Got to like it and got the methods down. Then a few months later a Utility Driver Bid was posted. The night before the Bid expired, and with no names on the list, a Supe basically recruited me to sign it and I did. And then waited, because over the next month I drove 3 times. The gap between my last day with my ORS and my first solo day was 3 weeks. Obviously I struggled, and am still struggling now in some ways but building confidence. I have a few issues and looking for help specifically working the central division.

They say I am not running scratch yet. My leave building time is usually 0945, it seems things aren't adding up as far as planned day and what I am running. Is there something I am missing? If they send me out with a 7 hour day, and my trip is from 0945 to 1646 with a 20 minute paid lunch it's showing me as being over still. Even today with a SPORH of 20+. I did 71 resis in my last 2 hours before pickups. Any advice on how to cut my business times down?

Some nights or days I'm still doing air, and my last paycheck had the hours and roles reversed, how common is that?

I'm going through my packet, I understand that in most cases this time of year doesn't count towards qualifying. Are management dicking me around here?

I had late air once, is that going to come back to bite me in the ass?

We had 2 recent retirements, 2 resignations and 4 retirements planned next year. It seems to me that an in building hire would be good for their numbers, is that something management takes into account? I kind of broke through that wall that many hit early where you aren't sure you can do it. I really enjoy the job so far, it goes quickly, I like the exercise, and I value what it can do for my future. And I feel I am improving. Maybe someone could offer advice or insight into whether I am can make the cut? It is peak, we need people right? I was a helper last year, and I was known as the guy who stayed with his driver the longest and did the most work, it's how I got hired off the street for air. It's tough to ask your supe how you are doing outside of getting your numbers ever night.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
How much over are you? What's your start time? If you're starting at 9 and not leaving the building until 945, you're starting out 34 minutes over out of the gate. If your lunch is paid, they are likely figuing that into your allowance time. So your trip was 1 minute over the entire plan, which isn't bad, but you have to add in your am and pm time, so, assuming you stick to the maximum allowed pm time, you could still be an almost hour over. If you can code your am time between pcm and the time you pull out of the building as preload time, you should do that.

0925, have to wait until all the vehicles around me button up and take off before I can leave, and I have to find someone to pull me out. Also I usually have to help the loaders get my RDC in before I can leave.

How do I know if I can code as preload, that would save 20 minutes per day. I guess I'm skipping lunches from now on.

LeaveIt2Griever

FileFileFile
Sort your truck during your lunch. Skipping your paid breaks will make your numbers look better. Ask your sup if you can code out your AM time under 'Approved Meeting'

I do sort then. I was instructed to use my 20 minutes paid under the Paid Break code under other work. I sort my remaining packages while on paid break. Should I just use the lunch break selection?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Work as directed, but you might ask a veteran driver how they enter their breaks. I've never entered a break/lunch anywhere but under the break/lunch option under timecard menu.