Air Driver / Quitting

instantK

I started in local sort and became a Sat. Air Driver. Then become a cover drive...

Since i'm an air driver would I be able to quit as a cover driver and local sort but continue as a saturday air driver?

The reason being I could make a decent pay for a lil work while pursuing a possible other job

QKRSTKR

Is your job sat. Air or is Sat. Extra work? If Saturday air or air driving is not your bid job I would say no, you can't quit local sort and still get to drive on Saturdays.

So when I was part time on preload and did Saturday air as extra work I couldn't quit preload and still work on Saturdays. Hope that explains it.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I misread. You'd have to check your supplement. I didn't realize you want to quit the sort, as well.

And, you'd lose your benny's.

menotyou

bella amicizia
?? What?

Don't you think everyone would like $25 an hour and 10 stops? The real point is you have to check your supplements. Here, you can go off your sort if you work 2 days on road. But, that's only good on a week to week basis. So, if next week you aren't driving, back to the sort you go.

UPS Preloader

I started in local sort and became a Sat. Air Driver. Then become a cover drive...

Since i'm an air driver would I be able to quit as a cover driver and local sort but continue as a saturday air driver?

The reason being I could make a decent pay for a lil work while pursuing a possible other job

My guess is no. You are a Cover Driver. If you quit geing a cover driver, I believe you will be done and will not be able to drive Air on Saturdays.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You cannot work just one day a week; however, you could possibly go back to the local sort, continue to drive on Saturdays and work at your new job.

Are you sure you want to do this? How long is the wait to go FT driving in your center? Would the new job replace the lost wages, benefits and pension?

instantK

Join DateOct 2007Posts26,435 Rep Power57816
Re: Air Driver / Quitting

You cannot work just one day a week; however, you could possibly go back to the local sort, continue to drive on Saturdays and work at your new job.

Are you sure you want to do this? How long is the wait to go FT driving in your center? Would the new job replace the lost wages, benefits and pension?​

No I'm not 100% of anything =]... I'm guessing I could be full time in a few years at most. No the new job would be a lower wage. It's hard to beat what UPS offer. I'm currently sorting it all out, theres still a high probabilty i'll continue my career at ups just seeking other options out for right now..
It's tough to leave a job where I know i could be set for the rest of my life... anything else is a RISK, even though the job SUCKS sometimes maybe best to stick it out for the long haul

menotyou

bella amicizia
No I'm not 100% of anything =]... I'm guessing I could be full time in a few years at most. No the new job would be a lower wage. It's hard to beat what UPS offer. I'm currently sorting it all out, theres still a high probabilty i'll continue my career at ups just seeking other options out for right now
Would you be happier doing the lower paying job for 30-40 years?

menotyou

bella amicizia
Yes I would enjoy
That is definitely something that you should consider in your thinking. Whatever you do, good luck to you. And, you are right. I was an air driver. It is a sweet gig. :winks:
I got to go to the airport at 3:30am get the first wave, dilly dally for a hour(I cleaned my truck and BS'ed), get the second wave and head back to the center. One hour each way. When back, I'd deliver air for a few hours and clock out. That was before they figured out they could hide my truck from the report and have me run a half route. Either way, sweet gig.

QKRSTKR

Upstate hit it on the head. That's what I was trying to say lol. You can't just work one day a week doing saturday air. We have had actual air drivers that worked tues-sat. That's why I was confused. Didn't know if you were an air driver as your regular part time job. Sounds like local sort is. Seems like if your a coverage driver you would be close to being able to get full time.

UPSGUY72

I'm guessing my job is Saturday Air.... I just know its a sweet gig making 24.7/hr doing 10 stops

Sat Air driving is extra work not you main job at UPS. What happen when you do cover drive ??? I would take it you work the local sort. Yes you can Quit the Local sort and cover driver positions however you will not be delivering Sat Air either. You can turn your uniform in on your way out of the building after you get your last check...