Air Driver Requirements

haydendavid380

is property of UPS
One of my sups approached me the other day asking if I would be interested in driving air on Saturdays. He said that in Indiana you had to be 21 to obtain a Chauffeur license.

When I went to the bmv they gave me a paper with this information-

Chauffeur License Requirements

• You must be at least 18 years old.
  • Proffer proof of Indiana residency.
  • Show proof of US citizenship or lawful residency status.
  • Own at least one year of driving experience.
  • Pass a chauffeur written test.
  • Pass a standard vision test.
  • Provide a Social Security number
My question is if there is an age requirement (i.e. 21 like a regular driver) for driving air? Or do you just have to have the license

brownrodster

No such thing as a Chauffeur License license where I'm at. However, it is company policy that you have to be 21 to drive a UPS truck even if it's only saturday air.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Must be 21 yrs old.
Must pass a DOT ( dept of transportation ) physical. { basically if you are breathing you pass }.
Must pass a UPS driving test.
Must have a clean driving record.

QKRSTKR

So are you 21? If you ever think about driving full time I would definitly do Saturday air. Gives you a chance to drive without a lot of stops. It's easy money and great experience if you ever lose your mind and want to drive full time.

haydendavid380

is property of UPS
So are you 21? If you ever think about driving full time I would definitly do Saturday air. Gives you a chance to drive without a lot of stops. It's easy money and great experience if you ever lose your mind and want to drive full time.

No, I'm 19. Which is what raised the question to begin with....:knockedout:

evilleace

Had this same problem myself today as my steward told me they are going to post a Sat. Air driver list up as we just lost one and that I should sign it, I said don't you have to be 21? He said oh yeah I keep forgetting your not 21.

Stinks cause I really want to sign that list.