Air driver switching to FT package delivery

Feelsdumb

Hey everyone. My question pertains to my pay rate when switching from an air driver classification, where I ran a daily scheduled shuttle for 7 years, to FT Ground package delivery. I've been at full air rate for years now and wondered if because of that, and me being classified as an air driver only previously, if I'd still be starting out at the $18 or w/e the rate is for FT Ground delivery without any consideration of my previous rate?

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
Hey everyone. My question pertains to my pay rate when switching from an air driver classification, where I ran a daily scheduled shuttle for 7 years, to FT Ground package delivery. I've been at full air rate for years now and wondered if because of that, and me being classified as an air driver only previously, if I'd still be starting out at the $18 or w/e the rate is for FT Ground delivery without any consideration of my previous rate?

I have a co-worker in the same situation and I'm also curious of the answer. I'm sure you can scour the contract and find the direct answer. But offhand I thought that you are red circled at your air driver rate when you enter FT package and that your rate wont change until your progression pay is higher than your air rate. My friend is in the same situation except he is a full timer who's had a combo job of air driver/inside hub work for a long time now. I'm wondering if he comes straight in at top rate since he's been full time for over ten years? Also if his seniority remains the same since once again he's been full time for over 10 years in that combo job.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I would assume that he went through progression as an air driver. Would he have to go through a second progression as a FT driver?
There are 2 people in my center who air drove for 2 years then went FT. They are red circled at $26.14 until they finish progression then they get top rate.

Oak

There are 2 people in my center who air drove for 2 years then went FT. They are red circled at $26.14 until they finish progression then they get top rate.
Red-circled and still get the annual raises set forth in the contract in article 41. Correct?

Feelsdumb

My paycheck had "Current Pay Rate" as my previous air rate ($27.64) but the rate I got for working was $17.25 on my first week of FT Ground.

Mr. Marshall

I recently asked the union guy for someone I know and was told that going from a combo position of ten plus years (meaning he had already gone through progression) to driver in the central region means that the combo would have a 6 month wage freeze and then hit top rate.

Feelsdumb

I was told today from our center manager that he spoke with our regional and that i would go back to my rate after i qualified, 30 working days. Seem right? Or should be red circled no matter what?

Oak

Article 41 (page 156 of the master)

"Part time employees on the payroll as of July 31, 2013 who are subsequently promoted to full time employment under this paragraph will be red circled until such time as the calculated progression rate exceeds that rate. The transfer date will become his/her full-time start date for purposes of applying the above progression."

margaritaville

I made the max saturday air pay 26ish but my hub pay was around 16ish. So i assume that is why i only started around 19ish when i switched to full time driving. That would of been nice to start at 26ish.

deepball1184

You'll likely keep your current wage, unless starting wage for FT package is higher. If you make a higher wage as Air driver, you should keep that until the FT package wage progression supersedes it.