Air Drivers After Saturday Ground

Just curious what the word is for other Central States EAM/ Air Drivers once Saturday Ground goes live. Sounds like Saturdays will be like any other weekday for EAM Drivers, but the number of needed EAM drivers will be few (typical), leaving a lot of us with out work on Saturdays because FT doing the NDA. Monday will be the next competing day for work with the typical low volume of EAMs. Once I'm on for the day, there is normally NDA work after EAMs, which is good part time work hours. But if we start competing for EAM work, a good number of us may not be able to get on the clock Saturdays or Mondays. I would love to hear what other Air Drivers are expecting with Saturday Ground. Thanks!

Box Ox

Sounds like your predictions are sound. Saturday was a super easy voluntary $$ day when I was an air driver and FTers will absorb it.

PT Car Washer

I am thinking there will still be a need for some Saturday Air drivers delivering small towns and rural routes. Depending on how heavy they load up the ground drivers we may also run business also. Two weeks ago my building had a bid sheet up for 8 Tuesday through Saturday EAM and Saturday Air drivers. We start Saturday Ground early September.

Hellobrown2000

We were supposed to start Saturday delivery a while back but they said we didn't have the volume for it. They told us Friday they are implementing it in October and volume will be no more than 10k. They hired 2 new sups to work t-s.

We had bids up for 12 FT and 6 Air. I've heard it's prep for peak. I asked my Sup and Steward why the hell we would need +6 when there will already be competition with the roster we have. Steward said Sup is being strong armed.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Just curious what the word is for other Central States EAM/ Air Drivers once Saturday Ground goes live. Sounds like Saturdays will be like any other weekday for EAM Drivers, but the number of needed EAM drivers will be few (typical), leaving a lot of us with out work on Saturdays because FT doing the NDA. Monday will be the next competing day for work with the typical low volume of EAMs. Once I'm on for the day, there is normally NDA work after EAMs, which is good part time work hours. But if we start competing for EAM work, a good number of us may not be able to get on the clock Saturdays or Mondays. I would love to hear what other Air Drivers are expecting with Saturday Ground. Thanks!
Lay off.

Brisket

We had bids up for 12 FT and 6 Air. I've heard it's prep for peak. I asked my Sup and Steward why the hell we would need +6 when there will already be competition with the roster we have. Steward said Sup is being strong armed.

There will be some that quit and sounds like that's what the drive is towards, the famous 'overhire' and see if they can get three or four to stick around( they only have a short window to even remotely have a chance to get qualified).

PT Car Washer

There will be some that quit and sounds like that's what the drive is towards, the famous 'overhire' and see if they can get three or four to stick around( they only have a short window to even remotely have a chance to get qualified).
Plus the prospect of losing a $28/hr gravy job to go work inside the Hub at half the wage would make a lot of people want to quit.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I wonder if some of the Saturday air Driver work might be shifted to picking up letter boxes late Saturday evenings?