Air Driving OT and ground rates

I've searched and read the contract and can't seem to find the answer for my difficult classifications. I'm a part time preloader and top rate air exception driver ($26.84).

I worked 40+hrs M-friend, then drove 4 hours of air on Saturday (including driving ground on Friday)..so should the 4 hrs I worked on Saturday all be paid at the overtime rate?
Also - I was told if I work preload (start time 4am) , then drive a GROUND route, anything after 4 hours of driving ground, they must pay ground top rate for ALL hours worked??(4am to 5pm ) I hit a 40 hr work week at 1pm on Friday...so are the remaining 4 hours paid at OT ground rate?

And my last question - for air exception driver - is overtime paid anything after 8 hrs in one 24 hr period?

Thank you in advance. Finding the "invisible rules" to how UPS works is a headache

PT Car Washer

I've searched and read the contract and can't seem to find the answer for my difficult classifications. I'm a part time preloader and top rate air exception driver ($26.84).

I worked 40+hrs M-friend, then drove 4 hours of air on Saturday (including driving ground on Friday)..so should the 4 hrs I worked on Saturday all be paid at the overtime rate?
Also - I was told if I work preload (start time 4am) , then drive a GROUND route, anything after 4 hours of driving ground, they must pay ground top rate for ALL hours worked??(4am to 5pm ) I hit a 40 hr work week at 1pm on Friday...so are the remaining 4 hours paid at OT ground rate?

And my last question - for air exception driver - is overtime paid anything after 8 hrs in one 24 hr period?

Thank you in advance. Finding the "invisible rules" to how UPS works is a headache
I know several PTers in your situation. Saturday should be OT after working 40 hours M-friend. Never a problem in my building. In my building you would be paid preload pay for preload time and top ground pay for all hours driving and delivering ground packages for the day. OT is anything over 8 hours in a day or 40 hours of straight time in a week. When you go over 40 at 1 PM on Fri. you are including OT hours. You can not pyramid OT hours. Pretty good job you have here and if you decide to go FT driver you should have no problems qualifying.

Thank you for the quick reply! I forgot to mention its Central States. Pretty good job yes, hard to decide if its worth giving up family time to go FT!

PT Car Washer

Thank you for the quick reply! I forgot to mention its Central States. Pretty good job yes, hard to decide if its worth giving up family time to go FT!
When do you have time for family? Most FT drivers don't work that many hours and still have a bigger paycheck on Friday. Plus the extra Holiday pay and vacation checks.

I normally only work 20 hrs M-friend and a few hours Saturday. Our center has so many on the 9.5 and calling in that they're hurting for drivers. Big $ for me!

PT Car Washer

I normally only work 20 hrs M-friend and a few hours Saturday. Our center has so many on the 9.5 and calling in that they're hurting for drivers. Big $ for me!
You should still consider FT driving when a bid goes up. This year my building has several PT guys deciding to go FT after working PT 10 and even 20 years.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
You should still consider FT driving when a bid goes up. This year my building has several PT guys deciding to go FT after working PT 10 and even 20 years.
With "so many drivers on the 9.5 list and drivers calling in, hurting for drivers", that should be a little clue to stay the heck away, if anything.