Air Facility Air sort

UPS woman

I applied for a package handler job online and instead of it being at the hub I worked at as a seasonal driver, the location says air facility and then it says air sort after. Does that mean its at an airport? How is this different from package handling at a hub? Thanks!

Babagounj

Strength through joy
First off if it is at a airport location , you will need TSA approval requiring a police background check . Along with finger printing .

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Really? Lansing is an hour and a half from Detroit. Hard to believe they have planes and not just get cans via feeder from Detroit

PT Car Washer

I applied for a package handler job online and instead of it being at the hub I worked at as a seasonal driver, the location says air facility and then it says air sort after. Does that mean its at an airport? How is this different from package handling at a hub? Thanks!
Airport is less intense and usually less hours. Some airport guys may only work a couple hours a night and are mostly there for the benefits. I would hold out for hub work. Better opportunities for job advancement.

UPS woman

Airport is less intense and usually less hours. Some airport guys may only work a couple hours a night and are mostly there for the benefits. I would hold out for hub work. Better opportunities for job advancement.
So, you are saying I wouldn't be able to sign bid lists for driving positions? I'm not exactly a young person so I don't have a lot of time to sit around and wait, I just want into the company to start my seniority.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
So, you are saying I wouldn't be able to sign bid lists for driving positions? I'm not exactly a young person so I don't have a lot of time to sit around and wait, I just want into the company to start my seniority.
Bidding into driving will vary by local area established past practices. Definitely ask HR about it, and make sure you ask about part time "air" driving in addition to full time package car.
For example purposes only, here, our airport employees have the same bidding rights to FT (or seasonal) package car driving at 8 different locations; however there isn't any specific contract language about them bidding for PT "air" driving (good practice/training until you have the seniority for FT), unless there is a side 'letter of understanding' or past practice I'm not aware of.

PT Car Washer

UPS and the Union separated the hub and airport buildings years ago. It is possible to bid into a driving job from the airport but not easy. Like transferring to another building.