air/hub combo progression and penalty pay

derrick

I work as a air driver for 4 hours then go into the hub for 4 hours. I've been there for a year and they are messing up my pay. they cut my pay by a dollar a hour and I have to go to labor to get it fixed and get my back pay and penalty pay. do I file every week to get the penalty pay?

for the progression. I came in under the old contract so I hit top pay in two years for air driver. but would that apply for the hub part to or would it be 4 years progression for the hub side? its not really covered in the contract for full time combo.

542thruNthru

I work as a air driver for 4 hours then go into the hub for 4 hours. I've been there for a year and they are messing up my pay. they cut my pay by a dollar a hour and I have to go to labor to get it fixed and get my back pay and penalty pay. do I file every week to get the penalty pay?

for the progression. I came in under the old contract so I hit top pay in two years for air driver. but would that apply for the hub part to or would it be 4 years progression for the hub side? its not really covered in the contract for full time combo.

Here in the "date grievance occured" on the grievance form we write "on going". This keeps it open.

I would talk to your BA about this. He/she will be the one dealing with it.

542thruNthru

You're a combo correct? So you should fall under the combo progression not the air driver progression.

derrick

Here the air combo 22.3 get paid two different rates. Air rate for air driving and inside rate for inside work

yeah. but is the time of progression for 22.3 combo 2 or 4 years. because in the contract i'm considered full time air. but also considered full time hub. and when I look in the contract its 24 month progression under the old contract for air drivers and 48 month progression for full time hub. i'm looking and there is no combo progression in the contract from what I can see.

542thruNthru

yeah. but is the time of progression for 22.3 combo 2 or 4 years. because in the contract i'm considered full time air. but also considered full time hub. and when I look in the contract its 24 month progression under the old contract for air drivers and 48 month progression for full time hub. i'm looking and there is no combo progression in the contract from what I can see.

I know you've had a lot of pay issues. Not trying to give you a hard time but why haven't you asked your BA this? Is it you don't trust him/her or something?

derrick

I know you've had a lot of pay issues. Not trying to give you a hard time but why haven't you asked your BA this? Is it you don't trust him/her or something?

generally i would call him and get a response in a week or two. we are currently fighting for the back money and then UPS just cut my pay a dollar a hour so we have to fight that now too.

lolbr

22.3 air/inside combo around here (full time, before new contract): You have a 2 year air progression on the air part. The inside part you get paid at your part time rate. There is no "progression" for the inside rate. You just get the yearly raise onto your part time rate.

After two years, you'll be at top rate on your air hours, but you'll still be making part time rate for your inside hours. Even after four years, you'll still be making part time rate for the inside hours.

Once you finish the two year air progression, it counts as a full time progression. So, if you go into package driver or feeder, you'll go straight to top rate in that classification.

There is a clause in Central about different pay rates and getting paid in four hour blocks for the higher rate. Good luck getting labor to agree it exists though.