Air Progression

nineyearsUGH

I am a relatively new exception air driver. There is talk of creating pt air jobs that would take away most, if not all, of my driving. How often do I have to drive to stay in the progression? I read through the contract, but could not see any reference to this.

Also, what is an air walker do? I see it in the contract, but we are a smallish center.

Thanks

stoni24

I am a relatively new exception air driver. There is talk of creating pt air jobs that would take away most, if not all, of my driving. How often do I have to drive to stay in the progression? I read through the contract, but could not see any reference to this.

Also, what is an air walker do? I see it in the contract, but we are a smallish center.

Thanks
my progression was 2 years from the first day I drove air with 50 cent raises each 6 months. It shouldn't matter how much u drive or it doesnt at my Ctr. What kind of pt air job can take away yours?

nineyearsUGH

I work preload and do air several times a week, as needed. Air is not my core responsibility. The new jobs would do early ams and the air I would do.
I am just wondering if I would maintain the progression time if I do not drive for, say, six months, hypothetically.

PT Car Washer

I work preload and do air several times a week, as needed. Air is not my core responsibility. The new jobs would do early ams and the air I would do.
I am just wondering if I would maintain the progression time if I do not drive for, say, six months, hypothetically.
Is Saturday Air an option for you? I would think that as long as you are in the classification you would still be in progression.

stoni24

I do the exact same thing preload then air usually, if not on a route. Still don't understand what kinda pt air job would knock u outa driving. at my Ctr I'm usually the only one who will "brown up" for 45 minutes to 2 hrs of work.

barnyard

KTM rider
If air driving is the OPs 'extra work' and someone is hired to do air driving as their only job, that person will get the work over someone that is qualified, but does air work as a secondary job.

PT Car Washer

I do the exact same thing preload then air usually, if not on a route. Still don't understand what kinda pt air job would knock u outa driving. at my Ctr I'm usually the only one who will "brown up" for 45 minutes to 2 hrs of work.
We have several Article 22.3 preload / air driver jobs. Is that what you mean?

stoni24

Thks for the 2 previous posts. Op said he was from a small Ctr, as i am. I've never heard of a strictly pt air job. Didnt understand how a small Ctr would have enuf air work for that.

Logb17

Saturday air is gravy. Top scale is over 25 an hour now. I worked 9 hours on saturdays. Did it for 10 years. 35 hours a week wasn't cutting it after the wife stopped working, had to go FT driving.

barnyard

KTM rider
I started as a preloader and added air driving as extra work when I was PT. Our center had 2 PT air-only drivers that worked Tuesday-Saturday, 2 that were hired as air drivers, but worked the preload as well. I worked frequent Saturdays and if there was late air, I would help with that.

My center (out state center that streets 40ish routes a week) still has 3 PT air drivers and 2 combo jobs that are air drivers.

Progression for any job is based on the calender, not days worked.