Airlines dissing the American Soldier for Excess Baggage

moreluck

golden ticket member
Re: Memorial Day.

This political cartoon highlights the ridiculousness of Delta airlines taking advantage of our service men just to make another buck. I think it demonstrates that fact in the strongest terms and I like the thinking behind it !!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Why in the world would you post that in a thread entitled "Memorial Day" in which we are remembering those who gave the ultimate sacrifice. Your post trivializes their loss and is highly inappropriate.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Why in the world would you post that in a thread entitled "Memorial Day" in which we are remembering those who gave the ultimate sacrifice. Your post trivializes their loss and is highly inappropriate.

I move the posts into a new thread called "Baggage Claim" - these posts were not appropriate for the original thread although related and valid.
Delta and the other carriers have modified their policies on extra luggage ... good for them.
And then renamed it "Airlines dissing the American Soldier for Excess Baggage".

Last edited:

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Some low-level management person at Delta was afraid to make a decision, so they just blindly and obediently followed the rules instead of using common sense and doing what was obviously the right thing. Sounds like a typical UPS center.

moreluck

golden ticket member

Because I entered a 'search' under Current Events with the word "soldiers"......and the Memorial Day thread was one of the first 10 that came up that even referred to any soldiers.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I move the posts into a new thread called baggage Claim - these posts were not appropriate for the original thread although related and valid.
Delta and the other carriers have modified their policies on extra luggage ... good for them.
Now, having it posted in "Baggage Claim" is completely distasteful !!!!! The thread could've been titled better.....like Airlines with no heart or No way to Treat Military....or something similiar. I always try to avoid creating a new thread unless I can't find an already existing thread. I found an already existing thread that had soldiers in it. I don't see a problem.....except with Delta then.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Because I entered a 'search' under Current Events with the word "soldiers"......and the Memorial Day thread was one of the first 10 that came up that even referred to any soldiers.

Did you even think for a moment the content of the editorial cartoon was not in keeping in line with the theme of the thread--honoring our dead rather than trivializing them?

Post your own thoughts rather than depending upon an political cartoonist to caricature them for you.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Some low-level management person at Delta was afraid to make a decision, so they just blindly and obediently followed the rules instead of using common sense and doing what was obviously the right thing. Sounds like a typical UPS center.

LOL...i was thinking the same thing.

When it was in the "Memorial" thread, it was obvious to me that MoreLuck was pointing out that the airlines (Delta specifically) were indeed not honoring our troops with the extra baggage fees.
IMO, it was pointedly appropriate for that thread.

bbsam

Staff member
Re: Memorial Day.

This political cartoon highlights the ridiculousness of Delta airlines taking advantage of our service men just to make another buck. I think it demonstrates that fact in the strongest terms and I like the thinking behind it !!
They may as well get a good feel for what they are fighting and dying for. A nation saying, "Thank-you for your service" seems flat and insincere. At least Delta is being upfront about their capitalistic motives.