Airport hub

Danphan98

I have a background application appointment for a package handler position at a ups in my area . Does anyone know about that process?

The airport is in miami would i have a chance of being a driver oppurtunities at a Air Cargo?

MattM

I’m a airport fellow

You can sign up to drive, and you should be awarded the same opportunities as a driver hub. You should be on the same sign up sheet.

The one caveat is that you HAVE to transfer to their building if you want to start out at 22.4 for dual work

Now we have a few who couldn’t make their 30 days, so they were allowed back to the airport.
It’s also 100 times easier transferring out of a airport facility, than into. Most would agree the general workload is easier than preload work.
So we aren’t exactly considered equal in managements eyes. They tend to hate the drivers who have come from the airport.

MattM

Some may argue there are more combo chances at the driver hubs, plus more hours. So it’s all about what your end game is. If you want to drive, most tend to go where the drivers are. I can’t tell you if it’s more efficient. Lately we’ve had a good wave of airport guys who have stayed on as drivers.

what used to be a 4-5 yr waitlist for driving is now down to 2-3 months. So they have been going through all ups avenues.