Alcohol *hic* delivery

Code 82 Approved

Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!
Okay we have certain restrictions on alcohol shipments. One of which is to make sure there is an adult present to sign for the package as well as the requirements of the person not being intoxicated.

There are options in the ground scanner to indicate nobody is home or nobody is 21 but there are no indications in the scanner that the recipient is pi€£ drunk at delivery.

How do you code such a package when the recipient is awful angry that you walk away with their case of wine?

The stickers on the box require that we do not deliver to an intoxicated individual.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Okay we have certain restrictions on alcohol shipments. One of which is to make sure there is an adult present to sign for the package as well as the requirements of the person not being intoxicated.

There are options in the ground scanner to indicate nobody is home or nobody is 21 but there are no indications in the scanner that the recipient is pi€£ drunk at delivery.

How do you code such a package when the recipient is awful angry that you walk away with their case of wine?

The stickers on the box require that we do not deliver to an intoxicated individual.
Maybe Not Ready 1? That's what I'd try.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Actually I've wondered this a buncg of times....remember a few years ago....we'd ship wine bottles in a box with the company name on it? I don't remember the brand but how come we don't see those anymore?

CJinx

We had a consignee come to the station already half in the bag to pick up an adult sign alcohol package. Secretary let him sign for it and go, though.

dezguy

We had a consignee come to the station already half in the bag to pick up an adult sign alcohol package. Secretary let him sign for it and go, though.
Why not? Who wants to deal with a drunk who is upset? Like I said before, I'm not a bartender or a cop and I certainly don't get paid enough to deal with a drunk who is pissed I won't let him/her sign for their wine.

CJinx

They can't just driver release it, the dr button isn't available if a sig is required. They probably forged.
There is a method to driver release signature required packages. Not sure why in all this time, it's never been fixed... but there's always hell to pay whenever someone does it. It's supposed to be a zero defect metric and usually results in the SRM getting tarred and feathered on a conference call when the station fails.

bbsam

Staff member
There is a method to driver release signature required packages. Not sure why in all this time, it's never been fixed... but there's always hell to pay whenever someone does it. It's supposed to be a zero defect metric and usually results in the SRM getting tarred and feathered on a conference call when the station fails.
We usually run into it with people hand sheeting and not seeing the ASR on the label.

STFXG

There was a bug a while ago when you could back out of the screen and it would allow you to DR it. That's been gone for a while though. I don't think there is a workaround anymore.

It will be fine

You can just manually enter the barcode and change the 96 number to get rid of the sig service. Or I think you could put a code 26 on it then driver release. Or just tag it and go back tomorrow cause who cares if people get their booze.