All about sleepers in the bay

Slangin boxes

Can anyone give me the full run down on the sleeper teams coming out of Richmond ca or in general
how your paid
how much your paid weekly
How far do they travel
Do you get hourly as well
How many days a week are you away from home

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
upload_2018-8-20_7-43-10.png

raceanoncr

Can anyone give me the full run down on the sleeper teams coming out of Richmond ca or in general
how your paid
How far do they travel

OK, "in general", here's what we went through:

When wheels are moving, you and partner each get paid mileage, whatever that is now.

Reference the contract as to "how much 'your' paid weekly"

Our run was about 4,000 miles a week but we were, with extras, averaging over 6,000.

You get hourly when your wheels stop, giving the first 2 hours at your longest leg, then 1 1/2 times any other time you stop: fueling, T/As, etc.

We were away from home, mostly, 6 days.

Now, listen to this, you and all others: This is what WE experienced. Some will argue with this or give a different perspective or say it ain't so. Go ahead. All I'm saying is, THIS IS WHAT WE EXPERIENCED during 5 years on sleeper.

You and all others, may be different.

Indecisi0n

how your paid
How far do they travel
You get paid to sleep with other men. What more is there to know?

brostalss

It depends a lot on the run. I do runs from So. Cal to Iowa. Three days. I make more than in five days in Package.
I also did a run from So. Cal to Jacksonville,Fl. Biggest paycheck I ever got with UPS. Four day run.

The real bonus of sleeper is when you pick up extra shifts. That's where the big bucks can come from.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
It depends a lot on the run. I do runs from So. Cal to Iowa. Three days. I make more than in five days in Package.
I also did a run from So. Cal to Jacksonville,Fl. Biggest paycheck I ever got with UPS. Four day run.

The real bonus of sleeper is when you pick up extra shifts. That's where the big bucks can come from.
What was your schedule on a 3 day run? 3 days on 3 days off?
I'm finally getting close to going to feeder and I want to do $leeper team.

brostalss

What was your schedule on a 3 day run? 3 days on 3 days off?
I'm finally getting close to going to feeder and I want to do $leeper team.

Start early am Tuesday morning. Back late Thursday night. Have a nice weekend. Do it all over next Tuesday. That's right. A four day weekend.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

I mean sleeper is pretty big bucks compared to other ups jobs no matter what right?