All Drivers return to bldg and off the clock by 6:45 Sheet remaining stops as E C

browned out

At 6:00 today a 2 way was sent to all drivers in our center. All drivers are to return to the building and be off the clock by 6:45. Sheet all packages as emergency conditions even though we had no know problems with weather in our center.

Where is the integrity in this? I delivered a package to one house and had one for a few houses down with customer waiting on their porch. I had to work as directed and look the other way when I passed their house.

I am sure they tracked their nda saver and saw emergency conditions as the reason it was not delivered and are wondering ; why? The driver delivered a package to my neighbor? the street was plowed and clear; no ice anywhere?

Integrity.... I brought back 45-50 stops today.

If anyone knows what is going on to necessitate such an unprecedented act of disservice to our customers; I it what thats Logistics means?

over9five

Staff member
Re: All Drivers return to bldg and off the clock by 6:45 Sheet remaining stops as E

Why didn't you ask when you got back?

over9five

Staff member
Re: All Drivers return to bldg and off the clock by 6:45 Sheet remaining stops as E

I hate to see management called on integrity so often. I think they just need to communicate better. When you get to work tomorrow, ask them why they used EC today. There is probably a legitimate reason and they NEED to communicate that!

browned out

Why didn't you ask when you got back?

I asked as soon a I got the message. Called and talked to center manager and asked him; Did you mean 8:45 PM.? answer was no 6:45.

No more answers at the center from the other 2 full time sups.

No clue; no service; no integrity.

I hate to see management called on integrity so often. I think they just need to communicate better. When you get to work tomorrow, ask them why they used EC today. There is probably a legitimate reason and they NEED to communicate that!
Work as instructed it's there company. They have a plan and my plan is to work as instructed.

browned out

In this case; if management wanted to save a few $ by cutting short OT on the less productive night time hours; they should have done the right thing. Here is how I would have done it. " All drivers return to bldg and be off the clock by 6:45; sheet all packages not attempted as Missed.

If I were to use EC in such a dishonest fashion; I would be talking to my steward about what is the best recourse to get my job back? after being fired for dishonesty.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

It's obvious to me that UPS Corporate issued these instructions and the reason is that they care about the safety of their employees.

over9five

Staff member

You guys are assuming they're being unethical and dishonest, but there may be a legitimate reason for using EC. I think you are entitled to know that reason, so ask!

It's obvious to me that UPS Corporate issued these instructions and the reason is that they care about the safety of their employees.
I was told it was a corporate decision and they were working as instructed.

browned out

That sounds perfectly logical.. Is that the same reason that; on Halloween; drivers are kept out til 8:00 or later with kids running around everywhere. No missed packages in our center on Halloween; why now? Safety ,again with that, please I wish that was the case.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

I'll go one better.
We had snow Sunday, today we were two days removed and all but the most remote streets were clear.
A fellow driver, let's call him "Tiffany", had a misloaded 2nd Air package for business on a well traveled main road.
He reported it through the DIAD promptly, just before noon.
Later in the afternoon he received a call from the OnCar instructing him to sheet it as emergency conditions.
Now this customer not only didn't receive their time sensitive package, but now isn't even eligible for a refund.
Blatant dishonesty and a complete lack of conscience.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member

Yeah right. Same at our center. Only it was 725. I couldnt get back to the building, til 730, we have had some hellatious winter here, so I see EC would be legitimate, and it only gets worse at night.
My thoughts are they want us to have hours available for Super Saturday, to clean up the mess from 6 inches to upwards of two feet of snow in some areas. And snow warnings til thursday. 1 to 3 more a day.

browned out

I'll go one better.
We had snow Sunday, today we were two days removed and all but the most remote streets were clear.
A fellow driver, let's call him "Tiffany", had a misloaded 2nd Air package for business on a well traveled main road.
He reported it through the DIAD promptly, just before noon.
Later in the afternoon he received a call from the OnCar instructing him to sheet it as emergency conditions.
Now this customer not only didn't receive their time sensitive package, but now isn't even eligible for a refund.
Blatant dishonesty and a complete lack of conscience.

I think we will have anywhere from 300 to 600 missed deliveries today. NDA, NDA savers, 2DA, business and resi. No explanation given; I am hopeful that one will be presented at the PCM tomorrow or As Soon As Corporate Makes it Up (ASACMIU)

over9five

Staff member

Ask. You have every right as a concerned employee. "Boss, why did you have us use EC yesterday?".

browned out

Yeah right. Same at our center. Only it was 725. I couldnt get back to the building, til 730, we have had some hellatious winter here, so I see EC would be legitimate, and it only gets worse at night.
My thoughts are they want us to have hours available for Super Saturday, to clean up the mess from 6 inches to upwards of two feet of snow in some areas. And snow warnings til thursday. 1 to 3 more a day.

We have no issues here. All roads are passable; no snow or freezing rain coming down. Easy fast resis for most drivers that could have easily been finished before our 12 hour cut off (or more,some drivers have worked up to 13 hours)

2 hours left of delivery time.

iruhnman630

We had a similar announcement made at our pcm this morning: all drivers will be in by 20:00, and missed resis were to be expected today.

Weather wasn't an issue today but we did have late air due to one of our two air trailers getting caught in a traffic jam behind a jacknifed truck. It was puzzling to see our management team give up on service so early.

6:45 seems a bit too early for a cutoff, unless the weather was extremely dangerous.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

That's funny right there, I don't care who you are!!!!

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!

There is your winner. I would bet my left ... thats their plan!!!