All Drivers return to bldg and off the clock by 6:45 Sheet remaining stops as E C

FedExer267

Re: All Drivers return to bldg and off the clock by 6:45 Sheet remaining stops as E

I can tell you guys you have nothing to worry about some people switch over to us sure but the end up coming back to you. They are use to your 3 oclock and after pick ups when I roll in at noon and say what do you have they immediatley start to compare FedEx to UPS. I simply tell them if you want the later pick up go back to them they get paid for what they do I have 3 more zipcodes to cover so unfortunatley I wont be back. Let me just say after this peak I see alot of Shippers coming back to you because they are ticked we wont wait around. They get what they pay for :)

ups2000

Re: All Drivers return to bldg and off the clock by 6:45 Sheet remaining stops as E

It's a Walmart world. Cost almost always over-rides service these days.
Unrelated....ordered a tv mount and HDMI cables online. Received those UPS one day earlier than a Wi-Fi card ordered the same day with Fedex/USPS. Both ordered at same time. I didn't realize FedEx had a deal with the post office too.....Smartpost. But to tie this all together, I went with the cheapest ground they offered for each item.

i had something shipped through fedex smartpost last week left on monday from hebron ky didnt get to me in cincinnati like 1 hour away till friday.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member

Off the clock by 8 last night, so I could work til 1030 tonight. There is no key for customers sleeping.

Babagounj

Strength through joy

save some hours Super Saturday is this week

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member

Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.

My little horse must think it queer
To stop without a farmhouse near
Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.

He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there is some mistake.
The only other sound's the sweep
Of easy wind and downy flake.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

U

upsman39

Corporate has no idea this is going on. Its a local decision. Have all the customers call atlanta. And ask them why ? In my cenetr they use emergency whenever they don't have the man power to get the job done. So they sheet evrything as emergency or security. They are flagging pkgs plain and simple. And its not their company its ours and the customer too. We are also share holders

Raw

Raw Member

It's obvious to me that UPS Corporate issued these instructions and the reason is that they care about the safety of their employees.

I hope you are kidding!

upsman68

Hey I own stock in the company. So isn't my company too.

whiskey

Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.

My little horse must think it queer
To stop without a farmhouse near
Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.

He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there is some mistake.
The only other sound's the sweep
Of easy wind and downy flake.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

Thank you.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS

It's obvious to me that UPS Corporate issued these instructions and the reason is that they care about the safety of their employees.
I'm hurt. :sad-little: They left AZ out of the loop. :knockedout:

browned out

Without knowing your location. I can say that you didn't get called back to the building becasue of OT. Those packages you brought back to the building are just going to add to tomorrows volume creating alot more OT. There had to be some safety concern for management to call everyone back to the building early and telling them to sheet everything as EC. If it wasn't a EC condition your local management will have to anwser to someone above them.

Unless you have been out of work for the past year you would have figured out that management decisions are being made at the district level and local management has become basically a messenger.

We got the PCM from our center manager the next day. He said that he did not have the stripes or seniority to question the call. He said he had no doubt we could have finished safely and got our building clean to start the next day. We had 2 hours+ of delivery time remaining with no safety concerns. Over 500 pieces and 300 + stops were brought back and sheeted with dishonesty as EC. There has been a push in our area to reduce the payed day. This accomplished that as the next day many stops had more than 1 package and area density was tighter.

The 500 packages sheeted with no regard to integrity or customer service would have been enough falsification of records to get 500 drivers fired if each one did this on their own. There were no answers given other than reduce the payed day. The drivers in our center were very confused and angered at this blatant double standard for integrity.
I used to think that drivers who were fired for sheeting off area or flagging stops deserved to get disciplinary action but now I am disgusted and can not take UPS preaching of integrity as nothing other than a punch line.

I will write Atlanta and see if I can find out why there are 2 sets of integrity ideals.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member

We had a stupid thing happen Thursday morning. I got to work and my Center Manager decides to move our Center's start time from 9:00 to 9:30 because of the possibility of ice on the road. No 24 hour notice of a start time change. The other Center in our building starts 15 minutes before we do, and they left at their regular time. There was no sign of ice on the road when I got to my area and we had a lot of late air.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

We had a stupid thing happen Thursday morning. I got to work and my Center Manager decides to move our Center's start time from 9:00 to 9:30 because of the possibility of ice on the road. No 24 hour notice of a start time change. The other Center in our building starts 15 minutes before we do, and they started at their regular time. There was no sign of ice on the road when I got to my area and we had a lot of late air.

Now you understand why Corporate wants to make all decisions. :wink2:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS

We had a stupid thing happen Thursday morning. I got to work and my Center Manager decides to move our Center's start time from 9:00 to 9:30 because of the possibility of ice on the road. No 24 hour notice of a start time change. The other Center in our building starts 15 minutes before we do, and they left at their regular time. There was no sign of ice on the road when I got to my area and we had a lot of late air.
We were told yesterday at the PCM that our start time for next week would be 9:45. :sick: Because of late air. However, our sup also said that if preload wraps early he would kick us out and bring air to us. Works for me. :happy2:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We were told yesterday at the PCM that our start time for next week would be 9:45. :sick: Because of late air. However, our sup also said that if preload wraps early he would kick us out and bring air to us. Works for me. :happy2:

Does your center manager realize that commit times are relaxed starting today?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member

Wow, your management is planning on late air Monday morning? We actually get to start Monday at our regular start time of 8:45, since the air has all weekend to get here. 9:00 the rest of the week. I heard Peak Day will be Thursday, which is different from years past. Of course they will probably cut routes out on Friday so we will be forced to stay out delivering late on Christmas Eve. Gotta save a few bucks you know.