All package drivers please stay safe and warm today

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
I’m in the West. Last year we had a 2 week bout of snow off and on and work was awful. Many drivers refused to put the chains on, while most of us slaved our way through half of our route and brought it in at dusk. We had to chip away at the trailers sitting in the yard for over a week after it was all said and done. Mad props to you guys in the Mid East battling the powder right now. That’s real friend’ing work

rod

Retired 22 years
I’m in the West. Last year we had a 2 week bout of snow off and on and work was awful. Many drivers refused to put the chains on, while most of us slaved our way through half of our route and brought it in at dusk. We had to chip away at the trailers sitting in the yard for over a week after it was all said and done. Mad props to you guys in the Mid East battling the powder right now. That’s real friend’ing work
Our drivers do this all winter long -- then again we are a tuff bunch. They haven't had chains for the package trucks around here since the 70's.

rod

Retired 22 years
They are illegal here
Every once in awhile during a BIG blizzard you might see a pickup truck with a plow on it using chains but that's about it. I don't think they even sell them around here any more. I've got 3 or4 pairs of them somewhere. I grabbed them out of the dumpster when UPS was on a cleaning spree years ago. I don't think they were ever used.

Every once in awhile during a BIG blizzard you might see a pickup truck with a plow on it using chains but that's about it. I don't think they even sell them around here any more. I've got 3 or4 pairs of them somewhere. I grabbed them out of the dumpster when UPS was on a cleaning spree years ago. I don't think they were ever used.
We have slap chains to get you unstuck but no more full sets of chains.

Heavy Package

Posting from the comfort of my bed after a long night of driving around doing nothing. Please stay safe. Nighty night

UPS provides each package car with a heater and you can switch between defrost and vent. No need to worry about our comfort in package anymore as UPS takes good care of us. Sweet dreams, blowtard.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

If ya have to put chains on, it’s too dangerous to be out. “Road conditions unsafe returning to building”