Allen West

moreluck

golden ticket member
Disgusted Allen West to Dems: Grow Up!

Friday, 18 Feb 2011 03:41 PM

Rookie U.S. Rep. Allen West delivered a stinging indictment of his colleagues in a letter to constituents in which he rails about House members’ “ignorance, belligerence, and dishonest rhetoric.” Without naming names, but clearly implying that he was including President Barack Obama, the Florida Republican also decried Washington’s interference with Wisconsin’s budget turmoil. The text of the letter to residents of Florida's 22nd District:

“Over this past week I have watched and listened to members of the House of Representatives from across the aisle.

“I am appalled at their ignorance, belligerence, and dishonest rhetoric filled with empty emotional platitudes. Have they no shame in realizing that their inept, incompetent failures are the reason why we are debating this continuing resolution. They failed to pass a budget during the 111th Congress.

“Have they no honor in realizing that their fiscal irresponsibility over the past four years has resulted in our standing on the precipice of a fiscal canyon from which we may not recover.

“Also troubling are the events in the state of Wisconsin which mirror those that happened in Greece several months ago. We are witnessing the abject hostility of a unionized entitlement class that is being lauded by the liberal left, seemingly to include our President.

“It is such a critical time for our Republic, yet there seems no visionary leadership — it is as if America stopped producing adults. I have never seen a greater assembly of petulance and sophomoric behavior as what I have witnessed this week on the floor of the House of Representatives.

“To those across the aisle, please explain to the American people how your economic policies have created a better environment for long-term sustainable growth.

“This debate is about jobs and the economy.

“It begins with remedying the spending problem on Capitol Hill. It includes tackling the burdensome taxation and regulation policies strangling our country. It is the understanding that Keynesian tax and spend policies did not grow America’s economy, but the indomitable, entrepreneurial spirit of the American people.

“Government sets the conditions for job and economic growth, it does not create jobs.

“I am pleased that we are having open debate in the peoples’ house. However, there is clearly something lacking in this discourse — the recognition of the failure of the bureaucratic nanny-state liberal policies.

“Rest assured that I will do everything in my ability to stand firm and lead on the principles that make America exceptional.”

© Newsmax. All rights reserved.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Do you think the Republicans might have an agenda in Wisconsin? One of their basic goals is the elimination of all unions, not just those in the public sector. It's always amazing to me that so many UPS people on BC (who have benefitted tremendously from being unionized), support the GOP. These are the folks who'd like to see you work for $10.00 per hour, with no benefits, just so the top 2% can get even richer. If UPS didn't have a union, you'd be in the same situation we are here at FedEx, where a master Republican has us exactly where he wants us.

If you really believe in conservatism, surrender your union card and offer to work for about half what you're making right now. That would make Rush, Sean, and Glenn very happy, and you'd have fallen right into the trap. Wise up.

bbsam

Staff member
Sounds like the rookie congressman is grandstanding. Really. A politician appalled? One politician to another, "Have you no shame?" Really. Someone's sucking up to leadership.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Sounds like the rookie congressman is grandstanding. Really. A politician appalled? One politician to another, "Have you no shame?" Really. Someone's sucking up to leadership.

At least he's not just standing around voting "present" with his thumb up his .......etc.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

I think Lipton has found someone they can successfully lobby for favors to the tea industry. If you're union anything, be very afraid of these crazies, because they want to establish a corporatocracy where there aren't any unions and the Free Market reigns supreme. And moreluck, please return your union pension to UPS and refuse your Social Security check and Medicare too, because all of those things are "anti-American" according to the GOP.

No, the states have no $$$$$, the tax base is shrinking, let the government sector finally suffer as the private sector has. I deliver to an Air Force base, the waste is rampant and the civil employees have no clue what is going on in the private sector. And to add insult these do nothings make more $$ than we do, get twice as many days off, and the biggest concern of the day to them is whether the toilet seat in the stall will be vacant. Please know that I honor all service members and the thankless,(that being from the Obama regime) job they do with less and less proper equipment every day. Sometimes we must over look our personal situation for the betterment of our country, family , etc. This current regime has taken our country to the brink of . Our country is being held back by liberals, we will be taxed, our medical will be ravaged, as well as our freedom. A willing accomplice in this is the teamster union, who have sold us out to the Obama administration. I'm not saying that the Republican Party is the way, however if you align yourself with Barney Frank, Chris Dodd, Pelosi, Waxman, Schumer, Biden, and Obama, and Hoffa amongst others who want to control you, i really question your integrity and ability to think for yourself.

I listened to LT. COL. West speak at CPAC, and would vote for him in a heartbeat. The problem with this country is men like West who i would deem as a mans man are few and far between.

bbsam

Staff member
I listened to LT. COL. West speak at CPAC, and would vote for him in a heartbeat. The problem with this country is men like West who i would deem as a mans man are few and far between.

I agree. Few and far between. And Allen West is not one of them. Simply a loud-mouthed opportunist getting his name in the papers and a scratch behind the ears from Boehner. Both parties are full of them. West should be able to sell some books by the end of the year though.