Alley use

spenceupsguy

I del in a small town of around 2000 people. Been on the route 3 years. I use an alley to del to a floral shops back door. Well today the lady who has a house situated beside the alley decides to flag me down and yell at me for driving down her alley saying its not safe because she has grand kids at her house (btw in3yrs time I have never seen these kids I'm not convinced they exist). I have always drivin very slowly down the alley so as far as I'm concerned she is just a bored buddy*y housewife. How would you handle this?

BrownArmy

Ask your Management team how to proceed.

If I asked my Management team your question, they would tell me this:

"Park on the street, don't go down the alley, walk off the packages."

It's 50/50.

I don't know your exact situation, but my guess is you're not saving time by going down the alley, all things considered.

(and yes, the lady is crazy...FOR SAFETY!)

j/k

Last edited:

UPSGUY72

We had a lady complain that the UPS driver was parking in front of her house everyday but she never gets any packages. (The Driver deliver to the house across the street ) She said that every time the UPS driver parks in front of her house her dog goes gets all worked up and that UPS needed to stop parking in front of her house and pay for her dog Vet bill...

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
We had a lady complain that the UPS driver was parking in front of her house everyday but she never gets any packages. (The Driver deliver to the house across the street ) She said that every time the UPS driver parks in front of her house her dog goes gets all worked up and that UPS needed to stop parking in front of her house and pay for her dog Vet bill...

A bullet would work.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
I had this problem once on a route Iu covered often back in the day. We didnt HAVE to go all the way down the alley, just a little ways to get to an art gallery's back door.

She would hear you coming and run out and stand in front of the truck and piss and moan for five minutes. So we'd Rev up the engine down the alley stop right at her house and throw it in reverse and pull into the gallery's dock. She'd get so mad because she'd never get to bitch at us. It was great! She never did call the building.

rod

Retired 22 years
A lot of time the alleys in little towns are private. Contact the city hall or Barney Fife (if the town has one) or someone else of importance (ask the business owner you are delivering to- he would know). If its private stay out---if its public ignore her. Also either way put her on your :poop:list. Every driver has one.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
A lot of time the alleys in little towns are private. Contact the city hall or Barney Fife (if the town has one) or someone else of importance (ask the business owner you are delivering to- he would know). If its private stay out---if its public ignore her. Also either way put her on your :poop:list. Every driver has one.

Even if its private sounds like the flower shop wanting the delivery there gives him permission.

brown_trousers

I always pass problems like this off to the (1-800-pick-ups) phone number. I would say "Sorry maam, the decision is out of my hands, but you can call 1-800-pick-ups to speak with someone about this". Works every time!

packageguy

I del in a small town of around 2000 people. Been on the route 3 years. I use an alley to del to a floral shops back door. Well today the lady who has a house situated beside the alley decides to flag me down and yell at me for driving down her alley saying its not safe because she has grand kids at her house (btw in3yrs time I have never seen these kids I'm not convinced they exist). I have always drivin very slowly down the alley so as far as I'm concerned she is just a bored buddy*y housewife. How would you handle this?

Do yourself a favor, ask the lady in the flower shop to find out, then tell her for now on all deliveries will be front door. Don't put yourself in a bad position, she sounds like a wack job........

Indecisi0n

I had an upset customer sort of like this. She said "I'm calling UPS and complaining." I nod. She then turns And asks " is the number 1-800-UPS?" I said it sure is!

Is she hot???

barnyard

KTM rider
Tough call. I would tell my supe and ask him/her what to do. If it becomes a regular problem, ask for a ride a long and have the supe talk to the lady as it is happening.

iruhnman630

I had a customer call in on me today to complement me for bagging her package and putting it out of sight. This kinda caught me off guard.
knowing my luck, I'd get a complaint about hurting the environment by wasting a plastic bag and putting the package where the customer couldn't find it.